𝖙 𝖜 𝖊 𝖓 𝖙 𝖞 - 𝖙 𝖍 𝖗 𝖊 𝖊

I got a text from Sarah the following morning asking me to meet up with her, so I told her to head down to the beach since I was surfing. I wasn't exactly thrilled to be seeing her but I did want to talk and find out what had happened between her and John B. It took her about 10 minutes to get to the beach and I spotted her right as I was about to catch another wave, but I froze and missed it. She waved at me as I started paddling in. I got to the shore around the same time she did and undid the leash around my ankle before sitting next to her. At first, she didn't say anything, we just sat in silence watching the waves roll in, washing white up the sand. It was nice. Like nothing was going on between us. Like we were still the same as we were two weeks ago. "How is it out there?" She finally broke the silence.

"Uh, good, yeah. Good barrels." I said, and I sounded like an idiot. "Hey... can I ask you something? About you and-"

"I'm sorry for not telling you about John B." There's a pause while neither of us looks at the other.

"Why didn't you? Or, I mean. I don't get why it happened in the first place." She didn't look at me, her eyes unfocused, angled straight ahead. In fact, she hadn't looked at me once since we sat down. She opened her mouth like she was about to speak but then closed it just as fast.
            "Sarah?"

"I don't know how I felt about it." She said.

"JJ kissed me," I admitted, "and I didn't know how I felt about that either."

She glances over at me. "You and JJ kissed?" 

"Yeah. Couple weeks ago."

"Oh." She said and I nodded my head. "That's great." She looks away from me again, then, as if asking me caused her pain she said, "How was it?" I took in her expression, her eyebrows angled downwards, her eyes bleary, and her lips pulled tightly together. She looked like there was some bigger question she wanted to ask me, some other reason she wanted to see me.

"I liked kissing you better," I whispered.

Sarah inhaled quickly, her breath catching in her throat. Her eyes flitted to my mouth then back up to my eyes. Only for half a second, but I noticed it. And it sent a warm feeling to my stomach. I decided I was just going to risk it. I leaned towards her and kissed her. She moved away slightly, but then kissed me back. We broke the kiss to breathe, but I didn't dare pull away, in case she realized what she was doing and wanted it to stop. She kissed me again, and I kissed her back. Besides the sound of our kissing and heavy breathing, everything seemed to disappear. She moved her hand across my back, and I did the same, instinctively touching as much of her as I could. She kissed me softly, her lips coming together and separating in a rhythm, and when I opened my mouth and cautiously touched my tongue to hers, and she responded equally eagerly.

It was better than I remembered, better than I imagined in the time we didn't speak, it was hot and sweet, and it did something to me the way Emma never did. I could feel it in my stomach, in my heart, and in that area at the base of my torso, and I didn't want it to stop, but eventually, we pulled away.  She wiped her fingers across her mouth and I noticed her hand was shaking. "Sarah?"

"I should go. I'm gonna- I'm gonna go." She said.

"Are you okay?"

"I just need to go and think." She said, and before I had time to stop her she stood up and walked back up the beach. I figured there wasn't any point following her, and we could talk about it another time, no matter how much I wanted to kiss her again right then. 

***

JJ 🏄🏼‍♂️

Me
Heyyy

JJ
What do you want?

Me
How can you tell man

JJ
I just know you so well

Me
I'm not actually asking for something properly, I'm inviting you to come surf with me? I'm all alone out here ☹️

JJ
Okay, on my way now. Usual spot?

Me
Yeah, there are good waves out here today

***

He didn't take long to get to me, and he'd taken the Twinkie which I'm almost 100% sure he didn't ask John B about. We didn't say much other than a quick hello, but we never did, we just got straight out there. After surfing for a while I waited for him to paddle back out and he sat up on his board next to me. "Okay. What's up?" He asked me before I'd even said anything.

"You know what's up." I look down.

"John B?"

"Yep, Sarah too."

"I do think it's messed up he didn't tell us, especially you. But I don't get why Sarah didn't."

"I kissed her J. The day we went to the archives, you know, me, JB and her."

"And? What did she reject you?"

"No. I offered to walk her home, and she agreed, and then I kissed her, in the rain, and she kissed me back. It was perfect."

"Then I don't get the situation."

"Yeah me either. After that, she didn't speak to me at all, and then I find out she's macking John B. And what he said... I'm not 'in love with her or something' but I do really like her. And I care about her. And John B... He's one of my best friends. I just don't know what to do."

"So why were you out here by yourself anyway? I would've given you a ride."

"Well, I wanted to clear my head. And then Sarah texted me wanting to talk. So she came down to the beach." He didn't say anything, he just looked at me expectantly. "I kissed her again. And she kissed me back again. Like she wanted to, even more than last time. But then she left. That's when I texted you."

"Ahh, I see. So what do you think, she doesn't want to admit that she likes you or something?"

"I think she doesn't want to admit she likes girls. And let's also remember that she's still with Topper. Or well, not anymore but, the first time." He just sighed, before holding out his arms and embracing me in a hug, which I took graciously.

"Come on, John B wants us to all meet at the Chateau, God knows why this time." He said before we paddled back in and got dressed, before heading off.