𝖘 𝖎 𝖝

I woke up the next day with a lot of extra energy, not sure where from since I didn't get to sleep till kind of late and it was only 10 am but decided to use it by going for a wander around the island since I still hadn't explored the whole island, and I liked to know where everything was, and I might even find something interesting. I got a quick bowl of cereal before changing into a pair of shorts and a vest top and leaving the house. 

I set off in the direction of the cut and stopped at a café to get a coffee then carried on until I saw a lighthouse over the top of a group of houses, a fair distance away. I was walking down a long road in the direction of the lighthouse and hadn't seen a single other person for a good 15 minutes until I heard the sound of an engine behind me. I turned around to see a Volkswagen with John B and Kiara in the front seats. I stopped and waved them down until they pulled up next to me. 

"Hey guys, I'm headed down this way, do you think you could give me a ride? It would be greatly appreciated." 

"We are kind of in a hurry." John B said looking agitated.

"Come on, let her it won't slow us down, and besides, we have the rest of the day anyway," Kie said glancing between the two of us. He looked at her, then at me and nodded as JJ slid the door open.

"Hey! It's the hot Australian. Very happy to see you again and I deeply apologise for the way I acted at your first-ever party in the OBX. Not really though, Topper and his frosted tips deserved it."

"JJ!" Pope said hitting his arm. I just laughed at them both and climbed in, shutting the door behind me and sitting next to JJ.

"Okay so, what do you think the message is?" Kie asked John B.

"Redfield."

"Redfield lighthouse?" I questioned.

He nodded "My dad's favourite place." 

We pulled up outside the lighthouse and got out. "So, what are you here for anyway?" Pope asked me. 

"Just came to look around, I wanted to explore the island."

"So you're, like, going into the lighthouse?"

"No probably not, to be honest, I was thinking about it but it looks kind of run-down so maybe not, I'll probably just wander around. Why? What are you guys doing here?"

"Um, just trying to, you know, figure something out. Kind of."

"Kie? Care to elaborate on that vague explanation from Pope here."

"Well... That's complicated." She said and she grabbed John B by the arm and dragged him away. I stood with JJ and Pope while we watched them whisper to each other until they walked back over. "Okay, I have discussed with John B and we have decided that you can come on this mission with us, as long as it is okay with these two." She said gesturing to JJ and Pope. They both nodded quickly looking surprised but happy.

"Okay, sure. So what are we here for." I asked.

"We're looking for the Royal Merchant." John B said very seriously.

"The Royal what now?"

"The Royal Merchant. 5 million in gold," JJ said.

"500 million." The other three said at the same time.

"500 million dollars?!"

"Yes, my father had been looking for it for years and we think he's close. And we have decided that you can be in on it too. Since, you know, you're Australian and everything so you have like special abilities right?"

"Ahh yes, I can talk to kangaroos and you know, things like that. And I also do a mean barbeque... That's actually true though."

They all looked at me blankly except JJ who laughed and high fived me. "That makes it an even split, which means less math for me." He winked. "And you're also extremely hot which is a plus."