𝖙 𝖜 𝖔

We got back to their house and we went in. "Hey dad, this is Allie, she just moved here from the gold coast. Is it okay if she comes in for a bit?" Sarah asked her father.

"Yeah that's fine, just try to keep the noise down." He said giving me a friendly smile. Sarah nodded and signalled for me to follow her upstairs. I walked up what felt like 100 steps before we got to her room. The house was huge. And I thought my aunt and uncle were rich. This must be the definition of a "super kook" house. We walked into her room and she pointed at a stool and told me to sit down. Rafe followed us up and walked in after us.

"We're good Rafe, you don't need to stay," Sarah told him and he just nodded and walked out smiling at me. She walked over to me and crouched down to look at my eye closer. "He's such an idiot." She muttered. 

"Who?" I asked, which I know was a stupid question all things considered.

"Topper, obviously. Like he's nice a lot of the time but sometimes he can just be so idiotic. Like what was that at the beach today?" I shrugged, not really knowing how to respond without coming across as bitchy, so I thought it would be best just to keep my mouth shut. "Okay, I'm gonna go get ice from downstairs, you're bleeding a bit as well so I'll wash it when I get back."

"Okay," I said and she walked out, smiling and shutting the door behind me. She left the room and went downstairs. I just sat there for a few minutes looking around her room while I waited. It was nice. There were cool paintings on the wall and it didn't look overly "kooky." Or well at least how I would expect it to look based on the brief overview Kie gave me anyway. She came back in and told me to stand up before grabbing my hand and dragging me into the bathroom. 

"Alright, sit." She said patting the side next to the sink. I gave her a slightly confused look as I jumped up onto the ledge. I was taller than her by about an inch so she did have to look up at me. She grabbed a cloth out of a drawer in the corner and rinsed it under the tap before pressing it against my eye. I took a sharp breath in but relaxed when she placed her other hand on my thigh and rubbed slightly with her thumb. Even though I was a lot less aware of the pain under my eye and a lot more relaxed, my heart was still beating quickly. 

After she was done cleaning the cut on my face she attempted to put a band-aid on but I stopped her before she opened it. "I'm good, it doesn't feel too deep," I told her, which was the truth, but also, as much as I liked her taking care of me for some reason I felt the need to make sure she didn't think I was soft and pathetic. And she'd made me nervous enough already with all the eye contact and stuff. 

"Okay, good. It doesn't seem too bruised so it should hopefully be alright in a couple of days." She said handing me the ice. I put it on my eye and nodded, smiling. "Do you want to stay over here tonight?" She asked. "I know we literally met today but it could be fun. Also might give you a chance to come up with a story for this." She gestured to her eye.

"Yeah, sure, that's probably a good idea. It might not be the best idea to say I got a black eye from a drunk fight on my first night here. I'll call my aunt now." I said and she nodded. I called her and the phone rang twice before she picked up.

"Do you need me to come and get you? It's dark out now, where are you?"

"No, no, don't worry. I'm fine. I was wondering if it would be okay if I could stay at a friends house tonight? I know it's short notice, but I figured it would be easier and I might as well spend time with her."

"Oh, yeah, of course, that's fine Allie. Do you need me to drop anything off for you?"

"No, I'm good. I'm in comfy clothes anyway and I spotted a few toothbrushes in the bathroom." I said looking at Sarah who winked, making me struggle to avoid blushing.

"Okay love, have a nice time, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, goodnight."

"Night."

"Okay, we're good," I said sitting down on her bed and crossing my legs.

"Great. I have a selection of extra toothbrushes in a variety of colours for you to choose from, as you know. You're very observant." She said laughing.

"That I am, and you're very well prepared apparently," I said smirking. She came and led down on her bed, gesturing for me to move next to her.

"Why are you sitting so awkwardly? Get comfortable." She said. I laid down next to her and we just chatted for the next couple of hours about back home, and our childhoods. She'd been raised in a seemingly great family. Although her mother had passed away her dad seemed to be pretty awesome and her brother had seemed nice. She had a younger sister called Wheezy as well, who I could tell she loved by the way she talked about her. She was the youngest out of the three and was 13. Rafe was older and almost 20, and she was 16, the same as me.

I told her about my mom and dad and she was really cool about it. Like she was understanding without being overly sympathetic? I didn't even want sympathy, never have, the only reason I told her about it was because she told me about her parents. Eventually, we went to go to bed so we got up and brushed out teeth, me using one of the many she had. She went and got a big shirt and a spare pair of shorts out of her drawers and threw them at me. "It's alright I can just wear these," I said and she looked at me like that was the stupidest suggestion I could have made.

"Don't be stupid, I'm not gonna make you sleep in your clothes after I asked you to stay." She said laughing and turning around. She took off the dress she wore to the party and put on a pair of pyjamas while I changed into what she had given me, putting my clothes in a neat pile on the stool. We both got into her bed and I pretty much rolled over and fell asleep. I was more tired than I thought.