They talk for a little and I decide to get a store basket, so I can carry everything I need. Even a guy with as much muscles as me needs a basket. We're not The Rock! We need help carrying more than five items. Not the point. The point is Madaline and I have been in this store more times than I can count, so moving around and finding everything I need should be easy. I go to the snack section and look at the variety of chips first.

"Hm.." I hum, not sure if I should get two different types or three. My train of thought is popped when Scarlette pops up behind me and leans over my shoulder to eye the chips. I try to ignore her very close presence, but it proved to be hard.

"Which ones you getting?" she asks, unaware of how she's affecting me. I point to the top shelf at the bags of Doritos and Sun Chips. Scarlette stands to her full height and grabs the two bags of chips before dropping them in my basket.

We move down the isle, assessing all the snacks to see which ones are good enough to buy. The basket is full of chips and chocolates with a good amount of gummies. I take a box of graham crackers for myself and Scarlette throws in marshmallows after. We could make s'mores, but I don't know how it'd possible. Has anyone ever tried making them on a stovetop before?

"You want sprite?" Scarlette asks from her place by the freezers that held the cold drinks. I nod and she grabs it immediately before bringing it over. I drop a packet of sour candy into the basket for her and we decide that's enough because, let's be honest, we won't eat it all today.

We make it to the register and I place the basket on the counter. Leeane starts scanning the items while eyeing us suspiciously. I glance at Scarlette to see her already looking at me. We shrug simultaneously before going back to watching Leeane. She tells us the total and Scarlette takes out her wallet at the same time as me. Oh no, no, no, no. I bump her with my body, which moves her to the side a little, and hand Leeane the money.

I feel my back pocket move and turn to see Scarlette putting money in my pocket. I don't have the chance to scold her for it since Leeane clears her throat to tell us she finished bagging our items. Scarlette grabs them and I say bye to my store friend before leaving. Scarlette already has the bags in the back seat of her car and moves to get in. I speed walk over to my side and get in.

"I'm giving you your money back," is the first thing I say when getting in.

"What money?" Scarlette smiles as her car starts up and starts to warm. "I didn't have any money."

I gape at her in disbelief and move to take out the money she placed in my pocket. I don't get to though because Scarlette reminds me to put on my seatbelt. I huff, silently saying it isn't over, and put on my seatbelt as we start driving again. Scarlette plays light music from the radio and hums along without her own knowing. It's cute that she hums the melody and doesn't even know she's doing it.

I turn in the seat and lean my arm against the arm rest. Scarlette is focused on the road, so I take the opportunity to trail my hand over to hers, (the one that's rested between us) and run my hand over her smooth one. Scarlette makes no reaction which urges me forward- my hand turning hers palm up before running my fingers over the faint line. She wriggles her fingers and I take that as my cue to hold her hand.

Scarlette interlocks our fingers, immediately, her rings feeling cool against my skin. I smile when her thumb massages part of my hand and I start to hum the songs that I knew along with her.

"By the way, my family isn't home. I don't know when they'll be back," Scarlette suddenly says, her hand still held tight in mine. I blink, getting out of the daydream I somehow found myself in and nod.

"That's okay. I heard your brothers are wild," I laugh while recalling all the things Jackson said about them. Scarlette nods in confirmation with her own smile and she takes a turn into a neighborhood that looks familiar. "You live here?"