Chapter 17 - Threat

Start from the beginning

We get there around 5 minutes after, just before Tyler. A few pack members have already gathered, sensing me. I get out the car, smiling at all of them as I walked past and into the pack house. They all seemed different though. Something in them didn't seem right.

"What's happened to them?" I ask Josh, after walking into the house.

"They need you." He says, choosing his words carefully and instantly I feel guilty and like I failed them all. A pack needs supportive and strong leaders to stand and that wasn't the case from my side. It was my fault that Josh wasn't at his best either.

I walk around the pack house for around a minute, greeting anybody that's around. I turn around and pay close attention to Darcy when I realise what she's doing, walking through the door.

"Hi! Hello! Hey!" She says in her adorable 5 year old voice to everyone, looking like a diva. I watch with amusement and realise that Josh is as well as he wraps his arms from behind me around my waist.

"Well she did inherit the sass from one of us." Josh speaks up, with a joking tone. He kisses my mark after leaning in to my ear which makes my legs go jelly, as always. He gives me a playfull grin so I turn myself around and give him a very short but tempting kiss by breaking it at an unexpected moment.

Josh looks at me, defeated look on his face after what I did. He gives me a peck on the cheek and lets go of me, instantly making me miss the warmth. I decide on telling Josh about the pregnancy today, since the sooner the better.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom quickly. Wait for me in the bedroom." He tells me, a smirk playing on his lips. Then he walks the other direction. I decide to go to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of Evian when I notice a familiar girl, bowing to me.

"Luna. For you." She says, handing me a small envelope with a print that spelled my full name.

"Thank you." I reply, giving her an exaggerated smile. I want to start being a good Alpha now, like the pack deserves. She returns my smile and walks away.

I listen using my wolf hearing to find out where Darcy is. She's still with Tyler and it sounds like they're in the game room, playing bowling on the Wii. I smile to myself at how good Ty is becoming with Darcy.

After knowing that my daughter is okay, I start going up the stairs with a glass of water in one hand and the envelope in the other. When I get to the room, I place the glass down on a desk and start opening the letter. My eyes scan the small print on a long piece of paper.

To our dear Lexie L Spencer,
Luna duties before daughter and little son?
Think about this before it's too late.
Best wishes and regards,
-

My palms get sweaty as a million thoughts are running through my head. Who could have wrote this? A pack member? Bethany? No... Not Bethany. She doesn't know about my pregnancy, nobody does but Lewis! And son? I'm having a boy? How could anybody possibly know before me?! And it's only less than two weeks pregnancy. I can't find out the gender yet.

It wouldn't be possible for anybody to know this. And what would it mean?

I jump a little when I realise Josh has walked in. His grin turns into a frown. I casually slip the note into my back pocket so he doesn't notice it.

"Are you okay?" He asks, placing his hands on my shoulders. I block out our mind link so he can't know what's running through my mind.

"Of course." I reply, smiling at him and resting my hands on his chest.

He looks half convinced but doesn't question it because I lean in to kiss him on the lips. I bite his lower lip, teasing him and he growls, deeply. I smile at his reaction and let him take control of the kiss from that point onwards.

I try hard not to concentrate on the letter. It's definitely nothing, just an attempt to scare me. For now, I just enjoy the time I'm spending with my mate. Everything will be okay as long as I'm with him. He's all me and our children need.

For some particular reason I like this chapter, nothing major happens in it so I don't have a clue why, lol. Anyway, one problem is solved, now new ones are coming up.
Important message: Updates will now be once a week (hopefully no later) on Sundays. This is because I'm having a bit of a writers block (lets face it, we all get them) and it's really hard for me to update twice a week.
Also I've got an A Level exam in one week from a language even though I'm a GCSE student still so that's kind of stressful. Then I have the next part the week after so wish me luck on those!
Anyway, thank you for sooooo many reads and sooo many readers! And also you guys don't realise how happy comments make me! 😘 I may not respond to a lot but I do read every single one so thank you for that!
So anyway, update will be next Sunday! Have a great week, beautiful!
-A