Damned | Price

Reader is knows as Tricky. (female reader/pronouns)

"Where's Tricky?" Ghost asks, moving to stand in the doorway. The two men, Price and Gaz, turn towards the sudden figure.

"Why? Somethin' wrong?" Price questions.

Ghost shakes his head, "Nope. Just wanted to show her a shell I found during our last mission. Thought she'd like it." Ghost states.

"Hm." Price hums. "Give it to me, ya? I'll pass it to her."

Tricky has always been one to collect such things. Even rocks. Something she's been doing since she could remember. Price found that fascinating about her, how she'd be so drawn in by such simple things. To her, each item held a deeper meaning.

Ghost nods and passes him the shell. He stares at it for a moment, before tucking it into one of his pockets. "Thanks."

 ⁠۝ 

"Tricky?" Price calls for the girl, switching on the light by the door. The room lights up, but it's quiet.

"Bonnie you there?" he voices. As he walks further into the room, he notices the bathroom light is on from the light seeping from the bottom of the door.

He stares at it, then proceeds to knock. "Trick?"

No answer.

"Y/n? You okay in there?" he voices. He grows worried, memories of each time they've been here over and over again.

She has her episodes, you could say. Her moments. Moments when shed lock herself in her bathroom looking in the mirror. Moments where she wonders if she was alive. Moments where she'd stare at her reflection and think, "What did I do?" or what she could've done.

Moments where she thinks back to what could've been.

Price leans in to listen for any noise.

"Tricky im going in." no answer.

Without thinking further, he finds the spare key and unlocks the door, slowly opening it to reveal the girl on the floor, sitting small as she stares down at the tile.

He knew her, knew how her family left her to fend for herself, to take care of herself. How they left no trace of them for her to find. How they left their little girl to figure out life, to teach her how to survive in such a cruel world.

Price stared for a moment, thinking of his next move.

She stays motionless, "Was it easy?" her voice is quiet, but Price hears the agony, the wonder in her voice.

She'd been wondering, was it easy to leave me behind? Was it easy to let me go?

Was I that easy to discard?

"What was, honey?" Price questions, slowly closing the door behind him and squatting down to be at level with the girl.

She stares at the ground for a moment before letting her eyes meet his.

Hurt. Betrayal. Something she's felt her entire life, emotions she wondered would ever leave her. Even for a moment.

"Was I that easy to remove? Throw away? What was I to them that they'd leave me there, maybe to rot alone? I was 10 years old for fucks sake." she says quietly, her eyes swelling with tears as quiet sobs leave her. "Was I some mistake they wanted to forget?"

"God no, Y/n." Price says before pulling her into his embrace.

"You're anything but that. You're worth so much. They missed out on so much. They don't deserve you, baby." he says rubbing her back, trying to reassure her.

They stay there, with Price rubbing her back while she sobs into his chest. Price rests his chin on her head, knowing that's all she needs. For someone to stay.

Some time later, her tears subside and sleep overtakes her, bringing her temporary peace.

Price moves to pick her up and walks over to her bedroom and lays her on her bed, tucking her in.

"They'll regret it baby. I'll be damned if they don't." he mutters, kissing her forehead. "You're special. So special. They'll never get to know that. They'll regret not knowing it earlier."

He leans away before writing a not and placing the shell on her nightstand.

With one last kiss, he left her to sleep.

Not proofread bc im sleepy