XX - Journal

"Trish, si Carmelo."

Nanlambot ako sa naabutan ko. Labas pasok ang mga nurse sa loob ng kwarto kung nasaan si Carmelo.

"Anong nangyayari?" Pigil ko sa nurse.

"Ma'am, bawal po kayo dito."

"Trish, let them do what they need to do. Hindi nila papabayaan si Carmelo."

Para akong nauupos na kandila. I want to know what is happening.

"Harry, do something! P I can't loose him?"

I lost it. I am down on my knees begging our friends to check on him.

"Trish, if only we can get in there. The doctors will do everything they can. He will be okay."

I was trying to calm down when the door opens again. The nurses are pushing Carmelo's bed out of the room. I had a quick glance of him. Halos hindi ko siya nakilala. Doon ako tuluyang bumigay.

Hindi lamang basta kirot ang naramdaman ko. Pakiramdam ko ay paulit ulit na sinasaksak ito. Ako ang dahilan ng lahat ng 'to.

"Nakita mo itsura ng bestfriend mo? Kasalanan ko 'yon. Kasalanan ko."

It feels like my world will shut down on me everytime I am hearing the door opens. I don' t know if I will still be able to handle another bad news.

The operating door swing open again.

Nanghihina man ay tumayo ako at agad lumapit sa Doctor.

"Dr, anong nangyayari?" Tanong ko.

Ramdam ko ang pag alalay ni Pia mula sa aking likuran.

"We had to remove his spleen. He is stable now. But we will keep him in the ICU."

Sandali pa siyang tumingin sa kaniyang relo.

"It is already past 4AM. I suggest that you take a rest and you can see him when the ICU opens for visitation later today."

~♥️~

I had a quick glance of him earlier. But seeing him this close breaks my heart. He was intubated. Bruises all over.

I am now seated in the chair next to his bed.

"Hey, love. It's me Trish."

Akala ko naubos ko na lahat ng luha pero mali ako.

"I can't loose you, Love. I can't. Sabi mo diba hindi mo ako iiwan? I want to fight for you as hard as you've been fighting for me — for our family. So please gumising ka na."

I kisses the back of his hand.

"Gusto kong humingi ng tawad sa lahat ng mga pagkakamali ko. Maghihintay kami ng anak mo, hmm? I miss you now more than ever. I love you so much."

"Doc, it has been over 72 hrs now pero bakit hindi pa rin siya nagigising?" pag uusisa ni Mommy sa Dr.

"We already started benzodiaepines. His vital signs are back to normal. Let's just give him some more time. Hindi po biro ang pinag daanan niya."

It is so heart breaking seeing Mommy in this state.

It is so frustrating that I can't do anything for my husband.

~❤️~

Day 7

Nailipat na si Carmelo from the ICU to a regular room. His vitals are normal. EEG is still showing brain activity. Hindi mawawalan ng pagasa.

"Hey, Love. Day 7 today. Sa ating dalawa ako ang deep sleeper kaya gumising ka na. You've already missed the first time Carys called you "Dada".

I sit on the chair beside his bed holding the journal I found at home. It has my name on it.

I am too scared to open it. Too scared not to.

I have to brace my self whatever it is written in this journal.

Dearest Trish,

Carys is adjusting again after being in Boston for 2 weeks.

Do you still remember the first time I wrote you a letter? That might be the corniest of all the things you got from me as your suitor.

Anyway, enough of that.

To tell you honestly I was hurt more than disappointed seeing you scouring my phone. Are you really suspecting me cheating on you? How long will I be competing with your thoughts? Do you trust me or not? 

When the time comes that you'll read this, know that I love you more than anything. I miss you my Love.

Carmelo

Tears started to fall as I lift the next page.

Dearest Trish,

How are you today? Was paper last night exhausted you? Or are you back thinking again that I can actually hurt you someday? You seem off when you called. You didn't even said Good Night to me. But it's alright.

Like the past days, I wanted to talk to you about a lot of things. Today, I will start to sort things out. You know I always tell you that I'd move mountains for you? I want to do that right now.

Our finances is good. We can still survive with what we have. Carys and I will join you wherever and whenever you decide to go for your research. I know you'll be surprised while we both agreed that our daughter will never sacrifice for our dreams. She'll understand this, promise. I am sure she will thank us later.

Off to bed now. I miss making love with you!

I love you heaps!

Carmelo

It was good that it just the two of us in the room. Though ofcourse I want him out of the bed.

I turn on the next page.

Dearest Trish,

Today was different. You are back to your sweet self and I love it. But the moment was again ruined when I told you about the medical mission. You ended up ending the call.

I want to go there now and give you the most reassuring hug. I know how hard you are trying to make things work. I can see that and I appreciate that. Like what I always ask you to do, trust me.

3 more days and we will see you again.

I'm off to work.

I love you more on our not so perfect days.

Carmelo

I was about to turn to the next page when I feel his hands on mine.

I lift my head and look at him.

"I'm thirsty." he said