It's a poor performance, but it was better than what I did.

"Thank you, Your Grace."

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I've misunderstood thinking that you were being hypocritical to look good in front of me. I'll take this opportunity to apologize."

I was stunned by his tone that sounded as mature as I was.

Hypocrisy. Well, it could look like that. He, who was hurt by the Empress, won't be able to understand my mind easily.

I don't even want you to know how I feel. As long as this relationship doesn't get worse, that's enough.

"You really feel sorry, don't you?"

"Hmm?"

You didn't expect me to ask you this again, did you?

"If your Highness says so, I can't help it. I have no choice but to understand with a broad mind."

I stuck out my tongue slightly, saying it as if I was deliberately teasing him. It's not bad to add another debt like this. The more insurance, the better.

"You must want something from me."

"Just like I said earlier. From what I heard from my brothers, I thought that the Prince was in a difficult situation."

"Do you want me to protect your sister instead?"

I nodded my head quietly. Even the Empress can't do anything to me, Valentine's legitimate and favorite son, but Clara is different.

Even though she's Valentine's daughter, she's still a foster daughter in an Empire with a strong status system. Moreover, her ability to grow herbs makes money. Above all, she has a pushover personality, so she is bound to get involved in some kind of accident.

"That's the way it is. Adults look at me first when we stand side by side. They don't even look at my sister."

"She must be hurt."

"It's so strange to me, and I'm a child, why don't adults know that?"

Alex stared at me without saying anything. I was wondering why he had such sad eyes and suddenly realized it.

Clara and Alex got closer because the two were in a similar situation.

Like Clara, who was bullied in the Valentine's family, Alex was holding out alone with the harassment of the Empress and her ministers.

Alex was attracted to Clara because he saw himself in Clara, who was bullied endlessly.

It feels like by taking Clara's side, I accidentally took Alex's side too.

"Your Highness?"

"The more I see it, the more I can't believe you're only ten years old."

Yeah, I don't believe you're 14, you old man. I don't know who will catch whose faults, but I decided not to hide my true self in front of Alex.

"So let's make a deal. If the Valentine family can't help her, Your Highness will protect my sister."

"It's a deal."

"At least I don't think Empress Lotte will treat my sister properly."

Even the Emperor's only son, Alex, is often bullied by the Empress, who took great pride in the fact that she is a legitimate descendant of the Imperial family.

When Alex was still a child, she didn't hesitate to slander him, talking about how he came from the belly of an unknown woman.

She was sorry she couldn't do anything as long as the temple admitted him, but anyway, the Empress always judges people by their status, so it's clear that Clara will be in trouble more than once even if we don't encourage her.