53. Emotions Running High

"Is it bad that we haven't planned anything for our wedding. Like, at all?" Dagur questioned with wide eyes, as he stared up at the ceiling.

Sigrid groaned, rolling over in the bed to throw an arm around Dagur's waist, as she laid her head on his shoulder. "I thought you said you were tired..."

"I was!" Dagur defended. "But then I started thinking."

Sigrid let out a snort of laughter. 

"That's always where it goes wrong." She teased, receiving a faux-glare from her betrothed. "But no, I don't think that it's bad that we haven't planned our wedding yet. It's not like we're in a rush."

"I know we're not." Dagur spoke with a sigh. "I just... I guess I'm just getting a little impatient. I don't know, does that sound weird?"

"No, it's not weird." Sigrid assured him. "But what do you mean with impatient, do you not want to wait any longer, or what's the deal?"

Dagur paused, thinking about his answer for a bit. If he was completely honest, he wasn't sure what he meant with it either. At this point, he figured it must be part of his personality, being impatient. Admittedly, he'd improved a lot with that over the years. 

"It's not like I'm constantly thinking about it, especially with all the craziness happening." He started. "But then, in moments like this, when it's just the two of us... I don't know, I just really want to actually be married to you. Like, officially."

Sigrid awed, tilting her head up to kiss him on the jaw, causing Dagur's face to flush pink. He didn't think that his words would receive such a reaction, and to be honest, he was still a little shy about it. But he surely didn't mind. 

"That's sweet." Sigrid shifted so they were laying face to face, with her leaning over him, before giving him another kiss, this time on the lips. "I want to be married to you too, officially. We just haven't had time to do it yet, but that's okay."

Parting from another kiss, Dagur spoke. "Would you... is it okay if we slowly start planning it? Or is that too much? Because if so, that's totally fine, I can wait-"

"No, no, babe that's fine." Sigrid laughed, silencing his rambling. "We can totally do that."

"Okay, great. Yeah, good" Dagur let out a breath of relief, before laughing in embarrassment at his own nervousness. "Sorry if I'm being a bit- you know, too much."

"No, no, don't apologise." Sigrid said. "I love that you're excited about it, I am too."

"That's not what you said ten years ago."

Sigrid gave him a blank stare. 

"I hate you." 

Dagur cackled with laughter at her dry delivery, teasing her with more words of affection as he tackled her in a hug. Rolling around like wrestlers as they tried to pin the other to the bed, affectionately. Even though Sigrid won in the end, she felt like he'd let her do it on purpose, going by the grin on his face.

---

When Dagur said he was excited, he'd truly meant it. His sister felt the blunt end of his tornado-like force, as she was suddenly overwhelmed with tasks and to-do lists as his future wife's 'right-hand woman' assisting her in having the perfect Berserker wedding... even though Heather had never been to one, which seemed to have completely left his mind. 

"Well, the list says that you need an ancestral sword, and a-" her eyes narrowed at the words, "-bridal crown?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know all of that." Sigrid mumbled as she went through everything in her closet, before chuckling. "It's not like I haven't been betrothed before."