29. Confusing Feelings 1/3

Today had been a long day of training for their biggest mission yet; the attack on Viggo's shipwreck. As far as they knew, Viggo was still unaware that they knew of this base, and they were planning to use that to their advantage. 

Sigrid and Electrode had retired to their hut, where they put away their training gear in exchange for something looser.

For Electrode, it was time to play. His favorite toy as of late was a wood-chip filled sock puppet, reminiscent of an eel, which was heavy enough for Sigrid to throw far into the open field, so he could chase after it. It worked great in getting rid of his access energy, tiring them both out before a good night's rest.

In the meantime, her brother would not be having such a peaceful evening. 

"Come on, bud. Let's get some shut-eye before dinner." Hiccup yawned as he dismounted off his dragon, before him and Toothless walked towards his hut, ready for a well earned rest.

Opening the latched door to his hut, Hiccup was surprised by a familiar redheaded figure standing in the middle of his room, his dragon sword in hand as the blade was set ablaze. Of course, Dagur somehow managed to activate it, probably by pressing random buttons.

"This is cool..." The Berserker spoke in awe, before turning around at the sound of Hiccup's scream.

 "Brother!" He cheered, approaching Hiccup before seeing him back off. "Wait, where are you going? It's me! Where's my hug?"

Obviously, he hadn't realised that Hiccup probably wouldn't like to receive a flaming blade to the face. Hiccup let out a sound of alarm, and the Berserker quickly realised his mistake.

"Oh, sorry. Uh- how do you turn this thing off?" Dagur stuttered before fiddling with the sword, but he still couldn't figure out how it worked.

Hiccup groaned. 

"Give me that." He snatched the sword from Dagur's hands. 

"You've been keeping busy." Dagur noted from all of the thingymabobs and inventions lying around Hiccup's room. 

Holding his arms out for Toothless, he was astounded when the dragon gave him nothing but a growl.

"Hey, come on, Toothless. Where's the love, man?"

Hiccup sat down on the large chest against the wall, turning off the flaming sword. "What, in the name of Thor, are you doing here?" 

Luckily, it didn't seem like anyone had spotted the Berserker yet, or else war might've broken out on Dragon's Edge. Yeah, Hiccup still hadn't told them about his and Sigrid's encounter with Dagur, when - you know - he crashed on a random island...

"Heather. I haven't seen a trace of her, it's so... frustrating!" Dagur huffed. "I sent a letter to Sigrid, but she didn't respond. So, I came over here, but then I realised that I had no idea which hut was hers... and then I got distracted by all the stuff you have here, and then you came in."

"...Uhuh." Hiccup nodded along with a raised brow.

Wow, Dagur sure could ramble.

"I've gotta have a dragon."

Hiccup blinked. "What?" 

"To find Heather, I need to cover more ground faster. Dragony fast!" Dagur explained.

That was a hard no. 

"Yeah, I don't think so." Hiccup trailed off, before his arm was pulled harshly by the Berserker. 

"Hiccup! You and Toothless owe me. I saved your lives." Dagur tried to reason... or maybe blackmail? Could be both.

"If I remember correctly, my sister also saved you." Hiccup raised his brow, pulling his arm out off Dagur's grip. "You also tried to kill us."