Girl in a Yellow Dress

I was bullied a lot because I choose to wear dresses. My favourite dress was a lemon yellow one.

I was bullied a lot because I refused to get my hair cut and liked the way my long brown curl floated in the breeze.

I was bullied a lot because I didn't want to get changed in the boy's changing room. I was forced too.

I was bullied a lot because I liked playing jump rope with the other girls during lunch break.

I was bullied a lot because I did want to play foot ball with the boys in my class at school.

I was bullied a lot because "8 year olds shouldn't be acting this way. It's not normal"

I was bullied a lot because I liked putting sparkly pink glitter on my artwork in class .

I was bullied a lot. I was bullied a lot because I was born "wrong" and "unnatural"

I was bullied a lot because I was born as a girl who was trapped inside a boy's body.

I was bullied until the day I wore my yellow dress, took a skipping rope and tied it round my neck.

I was bullied until my mum came bursting in crying and untied the rope and rushed me to hospital.

I was bullied until my mum took me away to a place where I could be a girl and not be afraid or ashamed.

I was bullied a lot, but now I can wear my yellow dress and not be scared of bullies who want to hurt me.