Condition

(Nobody Pov:) Silver and Mephiles sat in the hospital, waiting for news of Manic's condition.

'Mephiles?'
'Yes Silver?'
'Do you think Manic will...y'kno?' Silver was fidgeting with his hands and it is very easy for Mephiles to see and understand that he is under heavy stress.

'He'll make it..I know it'
'I hope so but...I just can't..can't believe Fleet did that..'
'Silver-'
'No Mephiles, I can't just use the excuse that Exe has manipulated him! He..he did that...he put his hand right through Manic'

(Mephiles Pov:) Silver continues to make fair arguments in discussions...though its an argument I do not want to agree with.

'Silver, I know that Fleetway has done a horrible act...but I know that the real him didn't want this. He didn't choose to be a monster, not after trying so hard to prove he wasn't one.'
Silver listens to me saying this and his face suggests he understands and is listening.

I pat his back a bit untill we are disturbed by the noise of  a doctor walking in, Silver speaks quickly.

'Is Manic okay!? Is he gonna die!? Is he already dead?!' Silver's powers activate and his aura is unable to stay its normal state and it keeps radiating smaller and bigger in size. Silver's stress..is causing this.. I must find a way to calm him down.

'He's alive and stable for now.' Silver upon hearing the doctor say this seems to be a bit calmer as his aura is no longer radiating as harshly.
'You may see him if you want-' Silver immedieatly uses his psychokinesis to open the door and go and search for Manic. Sighing, I follow Silver and give a light nod towards the doctor.

I see Silver across the room and his voice is a mix of happy and upset but more the former than the latter.

'I.. I'm glad you're alive Manic!' I can then hear the voice of Manic as I step closer. 'Surprised, Silv?' 'Of course I am!' When I finally see Manic, I notice that he has a collection of bandages and stitches where Fleetway had put his arm through. Dry blood is still on his fur.

I pat Silver's back with my left hand while placing my right hand on Manic's shoulder.

'It is.. good to see you, Manic.'
'Happy to see you too Mephiles, you as well Silv.' Silver smiles from being included.
'I guess I owe you one don't I? If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gotten here in time'
'Well to be honest, if it weren't for Mephiles then we would still be at that place' I hear Silver say grimly.

'I didn't think...that Fleet would react like that. If I said something like that before then he'd realize he had made a mistake and apologize..that demon that...used to be my brother is the cause' (If anyone is confused then remember that Manic and Sonic are brothers.)
'Well that is obvious Manic.' I reply.
'So thats why you were so dumb'

I am incredibly shocked when I hear Silver say this as I had not expected Silver to straight to Manic's face call him a fool.

'Hey! I was trying to stand up for my boyfriend, you'd do the same if he was upset.' Part of me remembers when Silver and I comforted each other after what Tails had said.
'I guess you are right-' Silver is interrupted by Manic. 'Speaking of Scourge, where is he? Have you seen him?'

Silver and I look at each other, I then shut my eyes and look down at the ground in guilt.

'You didn't leave him there did you? Why! Why did you-'
'To help you. If Mephiles didn't save you then you'd...be gone' Silver looks as if he will cry so I give him a light hug and he hugs back.

'Scourge might be dead...' Silver begins.
'Well.. you know how resourceful he is. I don't think he is dead. Scourge is alive.. I know it...' Manic smiles as I say this.
'He's right. Scourge is quite smart even though he doesn't show it some times. But...he may need some help.'
'I don't think Fleetway would hurt him'
'Well he might but... more from Exe. If that demon even lays on finger on Scourge....'

He has a point, I truly have put Scourge in great danger.  Even if I do believe in him. 

'Do you have any ideas to get to him, Manic?' Silver says with some hope in his voice.
'I do. Listen, at Scourge's home, he has a box under his bed. Inside the box is a weapon of "Infinite Possibilities" as Scourge described it.'

Infinite possibilities? What could this be and why would Scourge not tell us about this?

'Is it..a chaos emerald?' Silver says with confusion. 'Nope, its not even an emerald too! But it is a ruby!' Hmm..a ruby with infinite possibilities... it sound interesting...very intriuging.

'Manic, why has Scourge not talked about this ruby before?'
'The reason he told me is because he didn't want you guys to get jealous of the strength.'
'He would say that huh?' Silver says with a smile on his face.

'Well then, Silver and I will collect it-'
'Actually Mephiles...I'm going to stay with Manic for a bit'
'Very well Silver' I pat his fluffy head and his ears flick in happiness and his smile is very large.
'I will return soon' I create a portal to Scourge's home and walk into it before it then closes behind me.

The place is ransacked. The tv is gone, some of the things around the house like chairs and art are gone...were they robbed?

I feel both anger and concern but my concern is overpowering when I think about the ruby and I run upstairs to Scourge's room. I already see most things upstairs have been stolen and I feel dread, I open the door to Scourge's room and I am distracted for a moment when I see a picture that I pick up and hold lightly in my hands.

The picture is of Scourge, Fleetway, Manic and I. Scourge has his arms around the three of us and Fleetway seems shocked by the photo as his mouth is wide open whereas Manic and Scourge are laughing. I recall being happy in this moment. This was after Scourge had been in a fight with Sonic and won and wanted to share it with us all day. ...I have fond memories of that day.

I momentarily place the picture down and search underneath Scourge's bed and I see the box and feel much, much calmer.

Untill I open the box and I realize.. that it is empty.

End