THE HARLEM WAY: FINAL CHAPTERS {PART 1}

I wanna scrap it all 🫠☹️ i'm not in my bag and haven't been for a while. Hope you guys enjoy for the moment...

March

NARRATORS' POV

"COREY ROBINSON!" Cheers rang out in the audience as Corey walked across the stage to retrieve his certificate of completion.

He couldn't help but smile at an accomplishment he saw as intangible because he had been in and out of school since the 3rd grade. If it wasn't for Jabri he probably would have never gone back to school.

And although he wouldn't admit it, having Jabri's support meant more than he'll ever know.

"YEEEEEERRRRR!" Jabri yelled in excitement, snapping shots of this moment.

He, Sarai', his mother, and father were all there to support Corey.

"We not staying, he got his shit," Jah commented.

"Babe, I'm sure he wants to wait for Myah." Sarai' laughed.

"She can leave with us too." He stepped over strangers' feet to get through the aisle.

"I'm hungry, we can leave. What are we getting Jabri?" Jerome asked.

"NOBU."

"I'll be right back babe," Sarai' quickly excused herself just as Corey approached them.

"Congratulations baby," Anita embraced him, with Jerome following after.

"Knew you could do it." Jerome patted Corey's shoulder.

"All you had to do was focus." Jabri chimed in.

"Thanks, ya heard me? I'm happy as hell."

"Watch your mouth, you're not grown." Anita warned.

"Yes ma'am. Can we wait for Myah?" Jabri sighed with a reluctant nod.

"I'ma be right back." He excused himself.

Anita and Corey walked back to their seats while Jerome headed toward the exit and Jabri to the restrooms in search for Sarai'.

"Bae?" He knocked lightly on the door, waiting for an answer.

"Be out in a minute!"

Leaning against the wall, he sighed deeply and rubbed his face.

Sarai's various trips to the doctor, the sudden moodiness, the vomiting, the lack of sleep and appetite all worried Jabri.

Each time he assumed she was pregnant he was let down by the fact that she was not but he couldn't think of anything else that would explain this behavior.

The door opened, out stepping a faint Sarai'.

"You good?"

"I am now. I just need to eat and go to bed. I'm going to the car." She smiled weakly.

"Tell me what to do to help you...I don't like seeing you like this." He frowned.