◈Running away

''Someone could see you doing that you know'' a voice was heard from the darkness

Avneet jumped in surprise and dropped the cigarette.

She turned on her right to see where the voice came from and saw Siddharth walk towards her.

When she ran away from the party - to hide here, catch her breathe, Avneet was sure her friends would carry on with their enjoyment not really noticing her absence and she would be able to stay alone.

She didn't saw Siddharth since the beginning of the evening and was sure he left after first wishing.

To be honest, she was surprised that he came as him being a serious, non-party person -- but it was his cousin's birthday party so why not.

Siddharth walked over and stood very close to Avneet and took the packet from her hand.

''And then your image of perfect girl will be over'' he continued, then took out one cigarette, put it in his mouth and reached for lighter.

Avneet watched in silence as he took the lighter from her hand and lit the cigarette, slightly taken aback from his actions.

He took out the lit cigarette from his mouth and brought it close to her lips. She, as a reflex, opened her mouth and pressed the little poisoned thing between her lips, staring straight into his eyes, taking a puff.

She probably inhaled more smoke than she should have cause nicotine instantly drugged her making her feel dizzy.

Tbh, she almost never smoked, and even when she did, she almost never inhaled. It was her attempt to run away somewhere from hustle bustle of life, when it becomes completely unbearable for her.

So now, taken in the nicotine, she even swayed slightly from dizziness as her body being unaccustomed to it.

Siddharth took a step closer, confidently and supported her by holding her shoulders which instantly caused hot shiver to run down her spine and back to where their skin touched.

But that was just out of surprise... And that damn cigarette... It has nothing to do with the fact that Siddharth stood so close to her holding her firmly in his hands.

''If you are dizzy even with an indirect kiss with me'' he said looking down in her eyes with deep look, ''Imagine what will happen if I really kissed you''

Avneet was probably still confused, or it was the tobacco that still trouble her head but she imagined...

She imagined his hands sliding down from her shoulders to her waist, holding her firmly through her waist.

She imagined him leaning even more closer to her.

She imagined what would have happened if she would not have pushed him away back then, but allowed herself to be kissed and it seemed that her head was now spinning not from the nicotine but from his closeness.