Chapter 12 - Red Ridding Hood [ 2 ]

As the Hizuki climbed out of her cupola she put her hand on her neck and began speaking as Earl grey continued to watch the scene unfold.

And there it was, the damaged souma 35 approached Emelia's tank, as the crew climbed out of their damaged tank, Emilia also climbed down as well and checked the conditions of the souma crew if they were hurt or not. She sighed knowing that they weren't hurt from the encounter earlier.

Earl grey looked around of her tank as her crew were tired out as well. Chamomile poured herself a cup of tea looking a bit sad as they were knocked out. Lavender just sighed deeply and slouched down on her seat. Earl grey wanted to correct her seating but I think it isn't important as of now. An important part is how she would tell this to Maine, will she be mad? Judging from the earlier predicament they had there was no doubting her patience and with them went down the drain. She mustered up all of her strength and grabbed the radio.

.........................

Nanami: Shouldn't we start moving already?

A couple of minutes went by and the silence crept in on the remainder of Maine's force, Recovery vehicles have already towed the destroyed tanks out of the forest and the crews who were manning the tanks were  picked up on the way back to the bleachers. The small entry towards the forest is now fully exposed and can be entered by anyone.

Maine: Relax, until that brat gets here, we'll be out of this muck and regroup with Kanata.

Unclear of what would be the outcome of the exhibition match, no new orders from Shiho Nishizumi were ever sent apart from the orders she gave from the start of the match, Capturing the most vital part of the playing field. Hill 24, as it served as a vantage point and easy access to a nearby valley. Although latest reports from Maine's seniors which they contacted via radio was that Kuromorimine lost hill 24 to Maginot after 3 hours prior to the start of the match. Everyone was dumbfounded as they heard of this. The hill was defended by 9 Tiger II's and a couple of  Valentine tanks from St Gloriana to support the tigers from the mobile tanks of Maginot and Bonple.

Suddenly static came from the radio everyone was relieved to hear some good news and finally leave. Sarah picked up the radio and came out with a sharp but reassuring voice.

Earl grey: Im sorry everyone but.... We were taken out, I'm sorry.

Everyone was shocked by the unexpected outcome. Except for Maine who was rubbing her temple out of irritation. She held  out her hand towards Sarah. The sheer anger she felt coming out of Maine wa not one to mess with. She gave her the radio as Maine took a deep breath.

Maine: One simple task... One simple task for you to accomplish.... AND YOU FAILED?!?

Sarah new she heard a small gasp from the radio and seconds later she heard sobbing.

Maine: I GAVE YOU ONE MEASLY TASK OF FINISHING OFF THAT DAMAGED SOMA AND WHAT.. YOU LET YOUR GUARD DOWN? YOU WERE TALKING HIGH AND MIGHTY AGAIN? THINKING YOUR BETTER THAN ANY OF US FILLING IN YOUR HUGE EGO YOU SELFISH BRAT!!

That sobbing turned into a bukkake of tears, all of Maine's crew heard her crying out loud, as some voices of Earl's crew can be heard comforting their commander.

Earl Grey: B-But that's not it M-Maine we-

Maine: Zip it. Your a disappointment to your school and fo-

Earl Grey: I-It's red riding hood Maine, she's here.

She was interupted by Earl but her voice was soft and a forgiving one, but Maine went silent, she didn't expect the daughter of Oda would be here..