𝟬𝟬𝟵 where your loyalties lie

ミ☆ chapter nine; where your loyalties lie[ season 3, episode 5 ]

[ season 3, episode 5 ]

𖤍

"What'd you say to Allison?"

Scott lowered his eyebrows, "What?"

"When I went back into her room to get my stuff, she looked upset about something," Amara elaborated.

Amara made the wise decision to stay at Allison's place to study, which she could've done on her own, but to be honest, the girl likely would've spent her evening bashing her own head in out of pure stress if that were the case. She had asked Lydia and Jia for help way too many times, meaning Allison was her last resort.

It's not that Amara didn't like Allison. But simply hearing her name still brought up bitter memories. It wasn't voluntarily, and Mara wished that she could find a way to separate Allison and her dad from the rest of the Argents, but it only worked to a certain extent. It seemed to be getting easier and easier to do so, fortunately.

Anyway, Scott had showed up, presumably to ask Allison about something. It made Amara realize how late it was getting, so she agreed to wait for Scott to finish speaking to Allison privately before heading out with him since she didn't have another ride.

Scott shrugged, following Amara out of Allison's apartment. "I told her to be careful."

"Right..." Amara muttered, quite unbelieving of Scott's answer.

"That's all I said!" Scott defended himself. She shook her head and slung her backpack over her shoulder.

"I didn't say you were lying," Amara said, holding her hands up in playful surrender.

The elevator chimed, and the two entered it, disregarding the man who was already inside since they were too caught up in their own banter.

Before Scott could say anything back to Amara, a familiar voice echoed throughout the small space, sending chills down both of the teenager's spines.

"Going down?"

They both paused at the same time, turning to the source of the voice. When they realized they were in the presence of Deucalion, they exchanged a look, both wearing unreadable expressions. Amara knew Deucalion wouldn't try anything, especially not in an elevator. Scott most likely knew as well, he just didn't care.

In an instant, Scott's claws were out, glaring at the Alpha as if he was awaiting his next move. Deucalion sensed this, even without turning in the boy's direction. "Come on, Scott. Put those away. I'd have to be blind, deaf, and quadriplegic for you to be an actual threat. Or maybe, you should take a chance. Maybe you'd actually rise to the occasion, protect your friend and become an alpha by killing one."

"I'm not like you," Scott growled. "I don't have to kill people."

"Hm. Not yet," Deucalion hummed. "But situations come about, situations where you realize the only way to protect one person is to kill another."