Chapter 4 Welcome Home

Jungkook

I don't know what the hell I'm doing here

I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. I don't belong here. This is so fucking boring. I don't even know why I agree to this. I think it was the part of the food and the allowance the lady offered just to go to school that got me into this. But there's still time, I can just get my bag and walk out of here. I can still go back to my rooftop room. I paid my landlord everything I owe him and a few extra months with the money the lady gave me the first time she came over to my house. I decided to keep that room just in case I wanted to go back. Who knows, they might get tired of me and I might need to go back.

The house was empty. Jimin left for a date with his girlfriend, and Jimin's mom at some Yoga class, according to Jimin. So I walk around the big house. I see some pictures of the family, specially one with Jimin when he is around 3 years old. I smile because he is such a cutie. Then I saw another picture. He's probably fourteen of fifteen. Around the age I lost my parents. They seem like a happy loving family. Just like my family was. I still remember the smell of the food when my mom used to cook my father's favorite dish. I had once a family like this one on the portrait. But that's in the past, I don't belong here.

Then I notices they have an indoor pool with a wonderful view. Maybe some day I can swim in this pool. I can't remember when was the last time I went for a swim. Probably with my family in one of our vacations. But I've been trying to forget everything about that. But finally I found a place inside this house I think I do belong. Next to the pool there's a gym area. I immediately walk there and see what they have. The gym is small but well equipped, it has everything a regular gym has. I try some of the machines for a moment. Just lifting weights for a couple of seconds, immediately change my mood. I decided to change my clothes and maybe spend some time here.

I was was running on a treadmill, the humming of the machine and the stumps of my feet was filling the room when suddenly I hear the voice of Jimin's mom.

"Hi honey! Have you have dinner yet?" She ask. I stopped the machine and wipe my sweat with the towel hanging next to me.

"Hi" I greet her out of breath "Sorry I was just using your equipment, I..." I was trying to apologize for using the equipment without permission, but Jimin's mom interrupted.

"That's ok, it's time someone actually make use out of these. My husband wanted a gym but never really use it. The pool, that was my idea" she smiles. "Anyways, have you had dinner yet? I brought some takeouts. Jimin is not coming for dinner so I guest it's just us"

"Yes, thank you. I'm just going to take a quick shower" I announce.

Jimin's mom is really kind, her smile reminds me of my mother, specially with that kind of smile she did when she felt so proud of me. What a loving lady. Jimin is so lucky to have a wonderful mother.

Me and Jimin's mom were having dinner at the table. As usual she began to ask tons of question. But I understand, all she wanted was to get to know me, so I try to be as honest as possible. Although there are a few things from my past that I'm not ready to talk about, but she seem to understand when some questions I wasn't able to answer.