B'sWBB- Chapter 3, Marinette

School had finished and I was now walking to Luka's house for our duo practice. We had recently made a band together, just us, called the Dynasties. Austin had offered to drop me home but I told him I was going to Luka's house. I entered to see his mom.

"Ahoy, Pirate! You here for practice?"

"Of course, Captain." I laughed, "Where would Luka be?"

"Oh, my son is in his room. Tell him dinners at five, will you? You joining us?"

I had to get back to babysit Camillo- Marine had a board meeting.

"Sorry, no. I have some errands to run."

I went down to Luka's room.

"Hey, Wizzy." He called me by my stage name and ruffled my hair.(Short for Wizdom)

"Hey, Faym." I returned the favour, "Ready for practice?"

(The stage names are spelt wrong on purpose)

"You bet." He put on his guitar and I took out my phone and opened the keyboard app- a real keyboard was to heavy to carry around.

First, we sang our first song, No New Friends.

Then we sang Genius.

Then we sang our last song, Attention. (These songs were all recommended by Narrator- I have not even listened to them once, tell me if they're good and if I should keep on trusting Narrator to chose the songs in my books).

"That was pretty good, wasn't it, Wizdom?"Luka encouraged me.

"Yeah, Faym, but, I just feel, that-" I rambled but I stopped when something touched my lips.

Luka kissed me! I flushed.

"Sorry." I told him.

"No, I should be the one saying sorry, I kissed you without your permission, and we're only getting used to it." Luka had only asked me out last week, and our first kiss was two days ago. But- it feels right. Not rushed. Just right.

"Marinette!" Luka's mom called, "Is this yours?"

Me and Luka broke from our romantic moment and went to see why she was calling us.

"Hello, I am looking for Marinette?" said my brother in a face mask, "Marinette Dawson?"

"Oh, sorry, this is my ride." I told Luka and Anarky, much to their confusion, and left the house boat.

I got in the car behind Marine, my freaking LIMO! And Cam was sleeping on one of the seats!

"Dude, three things." I caught his attention as he got in the back and signalled my butler, Brian, to start driving.

"One, I usually walk and get the helicopter, since its faster, two I pretty much only use the limo for events and three," I counted each point of my fingers, "No one knows that I'm Marinette Dawson. To them, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I never told anyone about changing my name."

"Thanks for that, Mari, I'll keep that in mind. Now, what was happening there."

"I mean, before you interrupted quality time with Luka, my boyfriend-"

"You have a boyfriend?"  He asked, "That's great. You never told me though. Am I ever gonna meet him?" My brother was hopeful. That is one of the great things about Marine- he isn't too protective, like some siblings, and gives me freedom.

"Yeah, and, we'll see." I said, "Now, before your rude  interruption just right now, we were practicing our band. It's just the two of us, and it's called Dynasties. We wrote a few songs, and are planning to have stage names and masks. His is Faym, and mine is Wizdom. Do you want to hear one of them, Teddy?"

"Of course, Marebear."

I played one of the songs. (She played... give me a minute to check the names of the songs... Attention)

Marine wolf-whistled at the end.

"Man, Mari, you might be able to give me a run for my money." I gave him a look, "Okay, maybe Austin then?"

"Oh, did I tell you, Austin is-"

"In your class? Yeah, I know. He called me earlier."

I groaned. Marine was my brother, not Aust's.