Chapter 18 - Kobayashi's trouble and a brilliant solution

Start from the beginning

It was Artoria who put her hand up first.

"Boss Rimuru, I object to this idea. I don't want to be a teacher at school!"

Kobayashi, in this room full of godly beings, although she didn't know that, wanted to say that she didn't want to force someone who didn't want to to work as a teacher, but just when she looked up, her eyes met another pair of blood-red eyes, and she immediately shut up and looked down again.

S-so intimidating!

The girl dressed as a maid, Tohru, then spoke up, "why don't you want to be a teacher?"

"Because... because... I have to also work here. Yes, that's it." The king of Britain looked smug at thinking of this.

"I am willing to cover your shifts."

*snap. The string to her freedom was cut by Medea.

"Then... then." She couldn't think of any excuses.

But then suddenly, black marks crept up her skin, and into her eyes.

Then, her entire demeanour changed. Her eyes held confidence and absolute authority as if she ruled the people here.

"Why can't Medea be the teacher?"

"Because she has to work here?" Ciel then answered her with a sarcastic remark, "you see Artoria, unlike you who only knows how to eat and look intimidating, Medea diligently does the work here. She receives customers in a very professional and friendly way. Although you do do that, if you were to ask the rare customers which customer service was better, no doubt everyone would vote Medea.

But because of your natural posture and confidence, being a teacher would definitely suit you much better. I didn't realise this before, but now such opportunity has opened itself, you must grasp it.

Don't worry, you can still live here and we will still pay you the wage, on top of the school paying you. Okay?"

The king who was so full of confidence was instantly shut up by Ciel. Activating every skill in her arsenal, she still couldn't think of a reason to refuse.

"W-well, we will still have to ask the person in the centre of this mess. Kanna, was it? Do you want me to be your teacher." As she was saying this, she was shaking her head very rigorously.

"I-I-I wouldn't mind..." A weak voice sounded, which was the final decision maker for her. She collapsed onto the table, thoroughly defeated through and through.

Ciel also sat down, with a smug look on her face and looked at Rimuru triumphantly. He just gave a sigh in return.

"Kobayashi, she is still technically in your care. What do you think of this?"

"Ummm. I was thinking to not force her if she doesn't want to... but now I'm more inclined to believe she's just playing hard to get... Kanna, why do you agree? I thought you didn't really like strangers that much?"

"It's because... she smells like... a dragon." Which made sense, because technically Artoria had the heart of a dragon.

"Yes indeed. I also felt it when I arrived. She should have the heart of quite a powerful dragon." Tohru also added.

"Wait WHAT" It seemed like Kobayashi was the one left in the dark now.

"You didn't know? Oh, I forgot you were just human. Basically she has a dragon's heart."

"..." She was completely speechless, "how did that happen?"

"A red dragon allowed me to take it's heart and magic circuits, that's all."