[31] *

Lauren sat there in front of her laptop nervously, biting her lip as she waited for Zayn to get on. The video chat was already open since Harry greeted her then told her he will get Zayn. It has only been a few minutes but Lauren felt like there were hours.

Nervous of what Zayn will say about the i love you message that if he brings it up, of course. And even though Harry told her Zayn was grinning when he read it, she was still nervous.

However, when she reached to grab her cup of pepsi and take a sip, there came her handsome Zayn in the view, he wasn't sat yet but she could his legs and stomach coming closer. She also noticed someone's arm around his torso helping him to walk. After a few seconds, Zayn sat down and Lauren felt like crying from both happiness and sadness.

Happiness because Zayn - the guy she loves was right in front of her smiling and actually remembering her. And sadness because of the few scratches he had under his eyes and his broken leg and because she couldn't hug him nor take care of him. She wanted to be able to be there, she wanted to be the one who's helping him walk. However, she still smiled softly and waved.

''Hi..'' She whispered softly.

''Hey, Lauren..'' Zayn spoke - his voice much lower than it was from the last time which caused Lauren to grin a little. She loved his voice and accent.

''Your eyes look beautiful.'' He said and Lauren once again grinned. Since Harry told her her eyes are the reason Zayn remembered her, she has putted on a little bit of black mascara to pop out her green eyes.

''Thanks. You look.. good.'' Zayn chuckled and glanced at himself before looking back up at the screen.

''I look anything but good right now but thank you.'' Lauren pouted and Zayn bite his lip at the sight of her beautiful lips, she didn't have much of red lipstick this time which made her look even more flawless in Zayn's eyes.

''You always look good, Zayn.'' She admitted and Zayn winked at her with a cheeky smile playing on his lips which caused her cheeks to heat up. It amazed her the fact that she knew Zayn was still in pain yet he managed to be playful and laugh and be cheeky just like before.

''You never told me how did your exam go, though.'' Zayn laughed but pretended to pout which made Lauren burst out of laughing at the sight. He can be so cute.

After a few seconds of both of them laughing and grinning, Lauren spoke. ''Well, i didn't do great obviously but i did okay but i'm still thinking about which college to go to.'' She grinned.

''That's great, love. I have to go back to college in the next week, i don't want to.'' Zayn groaned. ''However, i'm pretty sure you're excited about it, i was when i was a freshman too.'' Zayn somehow teased Lauren when he said the word 'freshman' which made Lauren glare at him - playfully - he thinks.

''Well since i'm a 'freshman' then i don't think you would be interested in seeing what i'll be wearing for my first day.'' She smirked when Zayn's mouth dropped open a little.

''No, this is unfair!'' Zayn huffed and Lauren grinned, sticking her tongue out at Zayn - well, at the small screen she was able to see Zayn from.

''I'm just kidding, pretty boy. I'll send you the picture of my outfit on my first day, okay?'' She promised and Zayn smiled widely as he nodded.

Sadly after a few more minutes of them talking, Zayn heard his mother telling him that the doctor was here to check on him so they started saying their goodbyes when Zayn said something causing Lauren's eyes to widen from happiness and mouth drop open.

''Oh and Lauren?''

''Yeah?''

''i love you too.'' He grinned before the chat was disconnected.

-

i honestly don't want this to end bc it's like one of my favorites to write but oh well :')