Chapter 8

The Naboo Starship landed on the sandy ground of Tatooine.  The farm is simple.  A small hut with two holes on the side used for moisture farming.  I walk down the ramp first, curious because I've never seen a moisture farm before.  Anakin and Padme's follow, taking in the simple scenery.  

                       "Stay with the ship Artoo," I call behind me.  The Astromech beeps in agreement and rolls back to the ship.  We walk towards the farm, a protocol droid with no outer parts is working on something that I can't see. The droid looks up in surprise when he sees us.

                        "Good evening.  May I help you?" The droid asks us very politely.  

                          "Threepio?" Anakin says, wait.  What?  He sounds like he knows the droid.

                          "Oh, my... oh, my!  Master Anakin!  My goodness, I can hardly believe it!  An this mist be Miss Padme, and oh!  I don't believe we've met before." Threepio says.  I shake my head and chuckle at his friendly chatter.

                           "My name is Zaniyah, you can just call me Zani." I smile at the droid.

                             "Hello Threepio," Padme comes up behind me.   Anakin looks a little bit annoyed, I glare at him.  He just shrugs.  I could sense his impatience, he was thinking about his mother.

                              "I've come to see my mother." Anakin steps in front of us, changing Threepio's attention to him.

                             "Oh dear! I'm so terribly sorry, Master Ani," I could feel a little bit of blood rush from my cheeks.  Anakin looked... Scared. And angry. Very angry.

                               "Threepio, what's happened?" I step in and ask the droid.   I exchange a worried look with Padme, Anakin didn't look so good.

                               "I think we'd better go inside." The droid turned and led us towards the little hut.  We walk down some stair and enter a courtyard.

                                 "Master Lars - Master Owen! Somebody to see you!" Threepio called to someone.   Two people entered the yard, a young man with brown hair and a petite young girl with sandy blonde hair.  

                               "I'm Anakin Skywalker.  I'm here looking for my mother."  Owen seemed a little surprised.

                               "Owen Lars... I guess I'm your stepbrother." He offered his hand and the two men shake hands.  He gestured towards the petite woman beside him.

                               "This is my girlfriend, Beru." Beru smiles at us and offers a little wave.

                                  "Hello." She says quietly.  I take my hood off so that they could see me fully.

                                   "I'm Zani," I returned Beru's smile.

                                     "And I'm Padme." I link arms with Padme and we smile at each other.  I swear we're sisters, I literally adore her so much.

                                    "Is my mother here?". He asks, trying not to sway from the topic.

                                      "No, she's not,". We all turn in surprise to see a man in his 50's enter the courtyard on a floating chair, with one leg wrapped in bandages. The other is... Well, gone.