Chapter 3: But Most Importantly...

If you would like a song for this chapter:
LAY/AGUST D - Lit/Daechwita (MASHUP) on YouTube. Made by: MWNMASHUP

Enjoy!

Back to Danny and his parents: They all sit down in a chair in front of a wide U-shaped wooden table. Their backs pointing towards the double-doors.

It felt weird to them. For multiple reasons:
1. They already feel a sense of uneasiness about this place.
2. It's not really normal to have a meeting room with a door directly behind you, even if there are people guarding the doors.
And 3. Ever since Danny stepped foot on this artificial island, he's been having chills around his body. Varying levels of chills course through him.

Overall, it just feels...sort of suffocating. Same with his parents: They all just want to leave and get out of this place as soon as they can.

Danny is sitting in between his parents and on the outer part of the U-shaped table provided. On the inside of the table is a worker holding a stack of paperwork. Behind the worker is a large white screen, mainly for projectors, but there isn't one in sight.

Once Danny and his parents are settled in and the doors have closed, they look towards the worker. The worker looks like any other human. The only noticeable features on the worker is that the worker doesn't show any skin or hair from the clothing covering the worker. The lab/trench coat is a grey color instead of white or black, and the worker is wearing a blank grey mask covering the mouth and nose to the jawline and well as a darker shade of a grey veil attached to a hood covering the entire face, making the worker's face unidentifiable. Along with a thick black choker/necklace on the clothe neck.

Danny scans over the worker's choice of clothing. Or maybe it wasn't a decision made by the worker...it's still peculiar.

The worker stands in front of the three guests. Raising a hand to the neck and into the inside of the mask, the worker seemingly clicks a button and puts that hand back to holding the paperwork.

"Afternoon." The worker spoke in a combination of a female and male voice. Both seemingly speaking at the same time, yet the two voices are coming from the worker.

Even the voice is unidentifiable...

Danny perked his head up a bit, the tension making him jumpy.

The worker calmly bowed a full 90 degrees while holding the paperwork as the voice continues. "Welcome to this facility. We are glad to have you here and for you to hear us out Danny [REDACTED]."

Danny looked at the worker, surprised that the worker knows his full real name. Something he never gave out to the public, and one of the very things he promised himself to never do.

"How..?" Danny paused. In that pause the worker immediately interrupted his thoughts. "We know everything, and we can get anything. It wasn't that hard to pull parts of the web if we are the spider that built it." The worker said in a knowing tone and with a tilt of the head. "Well, sort of."

Danny gave the worker a worried look. The amount of havoc that can possibly happen to his life or anyone he knows is extreme. On the corner of his eyes, in his peripheral vision, his father has his eyebrows furrowed down with a glare pointing towards the worker. His mother has her brows the same way, but relaxed a little more. Her eyes are focused to the worker and looks as she is going to kill the employee.

With the pressure that just been given awareness of, as well as the possibility of putting their child in more danger, the author doesn't blame his parents for giving this kind of a reaction.

Continuing on, the worker changes the topic. "Regardless, thank you as well as your guardians for attending this meeting."

The worker walks up to the table in front of the three guests. Danny's hands clutch under the table, along with his parents doing somewhat the same thing.