Chapter 1: She Protec

If you would like a song for this chapter:
Reflections (Toshifumi Hinata)

Enjoy!

The door opens slowly. Rising above the large group of people, who are now able to continue walking and finally enter this facility.

Amongst the large group of people walking in, there's a man around twenty-one years old walking in with the urge to run the opposite direction, but he unfortunately can't.

That is DannyPhantom.exe. Or Danny, the floof boy.

On his right side, he feels a tap on his arm beside him and immediately turns his head to his mother. Noticing the tension, she grabs his hand and squeezes gently to reassure him. On his left side, his father puts his hand on his shoulder and gives him a gentle squeeze as well.

Danny soon relaxes to a degree where he can focus more on the task at hand. He glances at his parents, but both are firmly looking ahead. Determination showing in their eyes, he also quietly sighs and looks ahead with determination.

I'm sure there some questions you have. So let's start from the beginning.

Whenever Danny was little, around the age of seven to eight, he would see these black shadow-like blotches that would always move at the corner of his eye. It would feel exactly like someone is staring at him. Waiting and preying on him.

Once, those things did get him. Having an imagination, he played in the small kiddie pool with his toys as his parents were talking inside. The inside of the pool was dark because of the color of the plastic pool, but not deep at all to where he can drown.

Once he was done playing, he got up and attempted to get out of the pool. He tripped and fell on the grass in the backyard. He thought that he just slipped because of the water so he just tried to move his leg off as he was laying down and wiping his face from the grass and minor blotches of mud.

He tried and tried again, but felt like something wasn't letting go. So he looked back and saw what looks like a hand. It's fingers too long, wrapping around Danny's leg twice and half of the skinny forearm is bent, looking like it was broken with a bit of bone sticking out.

Danny was horrified. With widen eyes and a whimper, he tried to wail and cry. To try to move. To escape. But as soon as he even thought about it, another hand came out and wrapped around the bottom of his face, covering his mouth yet leaving him to breathe.

Tears soon fell out of him. He moved frantically, scratching, pulling, kicking, anything he can to escape. After the longest fifteen seconds of his life, more hands come out of the pool and start to wrap around his body. And feeling the slow drag towards the pool...he starts to scream.

Danny wasn't being heard, no matter how he tried.

Suddenly, a flash of purple passed above him and into the pool. And soon after the arms and hands retreated into the pool as quickly as they appeared. He continued to cry loudly, now being heard clearly.

His parents ran to him in concern, kneeling to him and scooping him up in their arms. Checking his wounds, they notice a mildly bleeding scratch behind his ear. A good one and a half to two inches that reaches towards his hairline. They picked him up and took him back inside to be treated, but as he looked back into the pool he noticed two things:

The pool was dried and now filled with mold.

And in front of the pool, where his feet were, was a bright red spider lily, placed on the side with a glowing white butterfly on top of it.

His eyes widened in wonder as he soon saw the butterfly fade away, along with the flower that crumbled away instead.

He remembers it as clear as day, but he thought that it was his imagination. The mold was to blame, he concluded. His parents said that he fell from stepping out of the pool the wrong way and slipped and fell, scratching himself on a rock whenever he hit his head.

A load of bullshit, but what else is there to believe that doesn't sound like it's unbelievable? He had no choice but to accept it. Along with the scar he received from it.

He didn't even get to say thank you to that purple blur, whatever it was.

Overtime, he continued living his life normally.

Until it happened again, once he turned 20.

His parents celebrated their sons birthday in his home. Eating, playing games, and simply conversing.

Then he sees a black shadow. As quickly as it showed, it disappeared. Then he felt something, someone behind him. Staring. His parents also stopped whatever they were doing and looked around, feeling a presence.

As soon at it arrived, it disappeared again. With a purple blur circling around both him and his parents. But it never came back. Everyone soon released a breath they supposedly held. Danny turned around and looked behind him, nothing.

After his parents left, he noticed an envelope on his desk. With some hesitation he opened and read. His eyes widened as he touched his scar, recollecting.

He soon called his parents, to explain. To tell. To finally show them what he saw IS true, and now he had evidence.

From surprised, to wariness, to scared yet determined for and to their son, they all decided to agree and meet the location it said on the letter after finding out that yes, this is a real location. Just not a well known one.

A year later with a private plane and a large group of guards, they finally reach to an artificial island in the Bermuda Triangle.

Danny isn't ready, but he needs answers. He knows that what he experienced wasn't a coincidence, nor a accident. He want to know why? Who? When?

Just what the fuck is going on??

This confirms two things:

He'll possibly see the one who saved him and say thank you.

And he now knows that what happened when he was younger was real.

In the present, they now reach the end of this long hallway full of doors that lead someplace else. The double doors in front of them open up and show a meeting room. Possibly to receive an explanation to all of this mess.