Chapter 2 - Jimin

"Have a good day, sir."

As soon as the last customer walked out the door, he let out a sigh of relief, happy that the store was finally empty. The clock almost ticked 9 PM, so it was about time to close.

He didn't particularly enjoy working the late shift on Wednesdays, but at least he was with his two closest friends and left with a nice paycheck at the end of the month.

"Ah, I'm so hungry." Namjoon leaned against the counter, letting out a small groan. "Same," Taehyung sighed, "I'm so close to just stealing one of the remaining cookies." Jimin frowned, "You'll get in trouble if Peter finds out." Their manager was known for wanting all the leftovers to himself; never letting his employees, not even the best of the best, get anything.

"Hey, he's not going to find out. He's not even here today!" Taehyung said as he nonchalantly swiped a cookie off the bakery display. He shrugged before taking a huge bite.

"I think I'll buy a sandwich from 7-11 on my way home." Namjoon said, face speaking of disapproval as he watched Taehyung, "Aren't you hungry as well, Jimin? You haven't eaten all day." He froze, almost dropping the glass in his hands. "No," he mumbled, "I had a big breakfast." That was one of the dumbest lies to use late in the evening.

"Aish, Jimin!" Taehyung frowned, "You never eat. You need to eat more!" he scolded, lifting his hand above his head as if he were about to hit him.

He crumpled up into a ball in self-defense, but nothing ended up happening. "You need to take care of yourself." Namjoon said, "You should eat one of the brownies. There's plenty of those left." He frowned, "I thought you were against stealing leftovers?"

"I don't care when it's you!" He shot Taehyung with a scornful look. "I'll eat when I get home." He lied. "Are you sure?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow, "You're so skinny, Jimin. It's hard to believe you eat anything."

He pouted, "Hey!"

"You have a boyfriend who films mukbangs for a living, how come he doesn't feed you?" Namjoon teased, but concern was still evident on his face. Jimin rolled his eyes, but he remained silent as he continued cleaning up the tables.

"I guess no one else is coming in." Taehyung peered out the large windows, barely able to see anything in the darkness, "Good work today, guys." He said while grabbing a cloth to swipe the register. Right as he was about to respond, he heard someone walk through the door and his happiness was torn away from him in the matter of a split second.

He forced a tiny smile on his face and turned around, surprised by the pleasant sight he was met with. A young man, probably around his age or a slightly older, dressed in a large, white fur coat and sunglasses during the midst of night, stood screaming with wealth.

The Gucci on his sunglasses, belt, and handbag screamed money louder than anything else on his neat, slim appearance, and aside from that, he had a strikingly handsome face. A long, fine nose-bridge and thin lips that formed a beautiful smile.

He walked up to him, lips turning to a subtle smirk. He pushed his sunglasses up, resting them by his hairline and pushing his raven hair back.

He swallowed a thick chunk of saliva, before saying, "How can I help you?"

"A large cappuccino with three pumps of vanilla."

He almost didn't hear him; distracted by the handsome man's striking appearance. "Oh, sure." he fumbled over his own words, "That'll be $3.25." The man got his card and scanned the chip over the little machine.

"Thanks," his smirk widened, "It must be nice to have so little customers this late." He glanced around the empty store. He chuckled, nervously, "Yeah." He turned around and started making his coffee. He could tell that both the customers, Taehyung, and Namjoon were drilling their gazes into his back.

When he turned around to give him his drink, the man's gaze lowered a little. "Jimin Park. Sounds a little foreign." Confused, he frowned slightly. He would've been offended if the man hadn't looked Asian himself.

"I'm Hoseok. Hoseok Jung." He told him. "Mind if I ask, what are you doing in a Starbucks when you could be the face of Dior?" He froze, face turning beet red, "What? Pardon me?" he stammered.

"Oo," He heard Taehyung tease. He ignored him, and instead glared blankly at the rich man.

"Anyways, thanks for the coffee." He handed him a little rectangular note that he hesitantly grabbed from his hand, thanking him with a nod.

"Your number?" he asked, studying the little note. "I'm sorry. I have a boyfriend." He couldn't help but ask himself why it was so hard to tell him that.

He had feared that the man would be upset, but he kept smiling as if his words had no effect at all. "Well, keep the card in case you change your mind." Before he could even process what he had said, the man left the store with his coffee.

Why did he feel sad? Was it because the man left, or because he felt bad for rejecting him?

"Oh my god, Jimin!" Taehyung excitedly bounced up to him, "You should totally call him up!" He frowned, "Taehyung, I have Niko!" he reminded him with a hiss.

"I'd feel so honored if I were you," Namjoon commented, "That dude was loaded and hot as fuck." Jimin sighed, unsure of how to feel. He felt a mix of numerous emotions that were beginning to overwhelm him the longer he thought about them.

He decided to try to just forget about it.

"Whatever." he mumbled, "I'm clocking out." Taehyung grabbed him before he could get far, his fingers almost locking all the way around his upper arm. "Hey, you can't leave us to clean alone!"

Namjoon hit Taehyung in the back of the head, "Aish, just let him go. He does a lot more work than you, you lazy potato!"

"Fine," he grumbled, crossing his arms, "But can you at least promise us you'll eat something when you get home?"

He nodded, hesitantly. "Sure."

They exchanged their goodbyes.

Jimin grabbed his things and left the store, immediately hit with a cold breeze the moment he stepped outside. It was March, so the warmer weather wouldn't be coming for a while.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and buried his cold face in the collar of his large jacket, but it didn't do much. He shivered uncontrollably.

He felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. His gut was telling him to check the caller, and sure enough, it turned out to be someone important. Nicholas was calling him.

His cold, shaky fingers, he swiped accept and put his phone to his ear. "Hey, babe." he smiled.

"Hey, where are you?" Nicholas asked, "I'm waiting for you. With Cheetos, of course." Jimin let out a light giggle, "I'm home soon."

"I miss you." Nicholas told him. "I miss you, too. See you in a short while, okay?" He hung up, stuffing his phone back into his pocket alongside his cold hand.

He walked just a little faster, until he reached their house.

He was relieved once he got inside the warmth. He slid his coat and shoes off, before heading to the bedroom where Nicholas lay on his stomach, wearing a small, tight red shirt that rode up. He munched on his Cheetos while his gaze was buried in his phone screen.

"Hey, Niko."

The fat man jumped in surprise, but a huge smile quickly formed on his face, "Jimin!" He scooted to the side, making space for Jimin on the bed. He plopped down next to him, nestling close to his big, warm body. He felt a pair of strong, fat arms wrapping around him. He needed that embrace.

He felt himself growing more tired by the passing second. He felt safe and protected in the arms of his boyfriend, and he slowly felt himself drifting closer to sleep.

But he just couldn't get his mind off that Hoseok guy.