𝐏 𝐀 𝐆 𝐄 - 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄

THIRD
POINT OF VIEW

𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, Bellamy was quick to take a step forwards and address the crowd himself with a determined look on his face.

"We're stronger than you think, don't listen to her," Bellamy said as he looked around at everyone, his loud voice quickly gaining everyone's attention. "she's one of the privileged if they come down, she'll have it good, how many of you can say the same?"

Hearing the man's question, Verena tilted his head as the man did have a bit of a point, even if she did get pardoned everyone knew of what she did.

There was no way the adults of the ark wouldn't through her nasty looks, snarky comments, or just continue to fuck up her already dead mental health.

But she still had her Aunt to worry about.

"We can take care of ourselves," Bellamy continued to state his somewhat disgruntle point, quick to gain the no longer hesitant delinquents' vote. "that wristband on your arm, it makes you a prisoner, we are not prisoners anymore, they say they'll forgive your crimes."

Slowly as Bellamy spoke he looked around the crowd, his eyes coming to land on Verena as he moved closer to the girl, who was now staring down at the ground.

"I say you're not a criminal." Bellamy said as he gently lifted the girl's head so she was looking up at him, with those dangerous yet innocent and hurt eyes.

Looking up at Bellamy, Verena slowly felt a piece of her long-dead heart come back to life, there were only two people that had brought minuscule parts of her dead heart back.

Her Aunt and Wells, there had been more but she either killed them or died themselves.

"You're fighters," Bellamy said glancing around at the delinquents, although his hands were still on Verena, whose eyes never left his chiseled face. "survivors, the Grounders should worry about us!"

At his shout, the teens around him were quick to shout their agreement just at Bellamy's words they grew invigorated.

If he believed in them that much, why couldn't they believe in themselves just as he did?

"You're going to get so many people killed," Verena murmured as she continued to gaze up at him, a dazed smile on her face as he looked back at her. "and you just don't care, do you?"

Looking back down at Verena, Bellamy's face remained blank as he stood silent for a few moments, the man didn't care.

"Should I?" Bellamy asked his face and voice devoid of emotions, causing Verena to grow even more excited as she shuddered.

She loved it when people became just as twisted as she was, it amazed her to watch someone's mind delve into, not insanity, but to watch their mind resort to inhumanity.

"I think I'm gonna like you." Verena said in a sing-song voice, tapping against his chest with every word that she spoke.

"Verena," She heard Wells call out to her, causing her to quickly turn her head towards him. "come over here!"

"Till next time," Verena spoke not turning back towards Bellamy for a moment, her head suddenly snapping towards him after she finished speaking. "I hope to see you kill someone one day."

With that Verena removed herself from Bellamy's presence, the girl quick to walk over to Wells, her steps light and enchanting as she did.

"What do we do now?" Wells whispered into Clarke's ear as he began following her as she stomped off, Verena quick to follow him as she swayed from side to side.

"Now we go after Jasper." Clarke answered simply as she glared ahead of her, for the second time the crowd would rather listen to Bellamy than her.

They would rather risk their lives fighting people they didn't even know existed, instead of try and get the rest of their people, their dying people onto the Earth.

Seeing the anger floating off the girl, Verena could do nothing but laugh and scoff behind her back; she would do it in front of her fast but the blonde was stomping away fast.

"White people." Verena tisked as she walked behind the girl, although Wells was the only one to hear her speak, and he surprisingly agreed with her.

"And I thought I'd never agree with you on anything." Wells spoke rolling his eyes and crossing his arms, thinking the girl was only talking about Bellamy and race for death.

Although instead of the two trying to figure out what the other was talking about, the dwelled into a comfortable silence.

Before Verena spoke again.

"You should've killed him, you know," Verena chastised crossing her own arms, not throwing a glance at Wells with a pout on her face. "you're to soft for the ground Wells, not everyone down here will be as weak as Murphy, or let you live if they get you in a bad position."

"Well I'll always have you here to save me." Wells joked lightly, bumping Verena's shoulder with his own a soft smile on his face as she looked over.

"I hope so," Verena said lowly her face still dark and blank, there was this deep fear that Wells wouldn't last long on the Earth with them. "I thought I'd never say this, but you're my humanity Wells-"

Hearing this a small sense of warmth filled Wells, he was happy that the girl even had any humanity left, and he was honored that he was the personification of it.

That was until Verena continued speaking.

"-you don't know how many nights I've dreamed of killing you because of it." Verena glared ahead of her, her hands balling up as she thought of all the ways she would lay the boy to rest.

"Yep, there's the psycho I know and love." Was all Wells could say as he was certainly used to the girl's homicidal words, he knew she cared about him none the less.

"If you where anyone else, I'd gut you like a fish with one of my knives." Verena noted pulling of the knives she made out from the piece of cloth she had wrapped around her thigh under her skirt.

"Knives?" Wells paused his steps, placing his arm across Verena's chest causing the girl to stop to, before she turned towards him.

"Yeah, I made two after you helped me with my backpack." Verena shrugged as she recounted making the knives, before sticking the one in her hand back where she got it.

"Why do you need knives, you have claws for a reason?" Wells asked folding his arms, she was already dangerous enough with those claws, now she had knives too.

"I can only use my if someone is close to me," Verena shrugged again rolling her eyes, she'd planned to use the knives she made them as throwing knives. "can't do anything if the person I'm trying to kill is to far away."

Finishing her words, Verena went back to walking forwards with her steps being a lot faster than they where a moment ago, causing Wells to rush and catch up.

"Yo-you really shouldn't have those." Wells stuttered as he stumbled over his hurt foot to keep up with her, seeing this Verena tried to subtly slow down her steps.

Before growling under her breath a mix between a grimace and glare on her face, before she quickly tried to wipe it away.

She hated how soft she was for him.

"You could always try and take them," Verena suggested the annoyed look on her face never leaving, although she tried to hide it from Wells as best she could. "but you'd be missing a finger before you could ever touch 'em."