Chapter 1- Entanglement

Married couple #1

Stephon and Dani Gardner. Mr. Gardner is a businessman vying for partnership at a top leading trade company and his wife is a successful interior decorator with a clientele of influential people.

Married couple #2

Jake and Jewel Sweden. The heir to Sweden's Estate is a family business that deals with a chain of automobiles worldwide. His wife works in the same company as Stephon Gardner rivaling to become a partner.

                                                            -------------------------------------

Entanglement

The heat mixed with the cool breeze blows her purple long, untamed curls playfully about her face. Brushing her hair away, she smiled as she looked at the dark-haired man dressed in a business suit looking through the window lost in thought. He took no notice of the caramel-skinned beauty sitting a bag apart from him or the beautiful scenery that zoomed passed them in the airport taxi.

In the distance, the resort came into view. The towering palm trees lined the driveway with vacationers walking, taking in the sun that left hues of different colors on their skins. Exiting the taxi, Dani took in the stunning atmosphere. Detached brown and green villas made their way down to the beach front insuring tranquillity and privacy.

"You wait here, I will go check on our reservations." his words, crisped as his white shirt, leaves her and walks towards the sliding door into the reception area.

Dani tows her luggage and ventures to the swimming pool area that overlooks the beautiful blue-green ocean. The pool is huge with thatched tents pitched around its S-shaped, sparkling blue water making the sun rays look like diamond studs. Dani was astonished at the scenery. She was transfixed by the view. Looking around, her eyes fell on her husband and two individuals. She sprinted in his direction.

"Babe, our villa is ready. You won't believe who checked in with me." Jewel Sweden exclaimed.

"This is Stephon we work in the same department." She introduced the two men.

Stephon briskly shook Sweden's hand.

At that moment Dani came over, excited.

"Darling, the pool is breathtaking, much better than the last resort we visited."

Her husband looked at her disapprovingly, as a redhead came around and stood close to him.

"Who is this?' Dani asked suspiciously.

"Jewel, my co-worker." He introduced.

Dani stood there and refused the hand of the gorgeous redhead. So this is the Jewel that calls him about business at late hours or whom he works with for extended periods.

Jewel on the other hand kept a smile pasted.

Stephon failed to mention his wife would be joining us.

Sweden stood there invisible to everyone but felt the tension and decided to end it, "I believe we should all freshen up and meet for lunch." And took his wife's hand and led her away.

                                                  ---------------------------------------------

Back at there villa, Dani couldn't control her temper.

"Why is she here?" demanded Dani, "Answer me damn it."

"You are overreacting. She works with me and this is a company retreat." He shouts at her. "Make sure you are present at 11 at the restaurant." He commanded and leaves their villa with a confused and hurt Dani.