016

december 3rd, 2022

"if i was your boyfriend, i'd never let you go." he sang snapping his fingers to the beat of the music.

olivia and jalen were currently on their way home from lunch/dinner. it was currently 4pm.

at dinner, they had told their friends and her brothers that they were dating, they were all very supportive although travis and jason had their brotherly reactions at first.

all olivia could do was smile and shake her head at him, he was singing along to justin bieber for christ sake.

"let me talk to ya," he sang giving olivia an awfully attempt at a flirty head nod. "if i was your boyfriend." jalen sang jamming out in his seat.

"enough with the justin bieber." olivia said changing the song to taylor swift.

"my castle crumbled overnight, i brought a knife to a gun fight." she began singing, a smile present on her face.

"call it what you want is my favorite taylor swift song." jalen stated, turning it up.

"they took the crown but it's alright." they sang.

once they got home, home being olivia's house at the moment, jalen told olivia that he was going over to devonta's for a little bit since they haven't hung out in a while.

"i'll be back by 7, ok?" he said giving her a light kiss, she nodded and he left.

olivia watched a couple of movies and read a couple chapters of her book, she looked up and it was already 9pm and he wasn't back yet.

she texted him, asking if he was on his way and if he was ok. 30 minutes later, no response.

she called him, and he didn't answer either. she texted him again, and just like before, he didn't respond.

she waited up for him, and managed to finish her entire book and he still wasn't back.

she grabbed another book and started it, she needed to keep herself distracted from thinking about what could possibly be happening.

it was midnight now, and he still wasn't back yet. olivia picked her book back up, which wasn't that interesting, and kept reading.

she heard the doorknob rattle, so he was home now, but she kept her eyes on the book.

"hey," he said walking in, planting a kiss on her head. usually, she would look up, smile, anything, but her eyes were glued to the book she wasn't even reading.

he furrowed his eyebrows at the unusual reaction, or lack of it. "is it one of those books?" he asks, knowing some books aren't meant to be put down at certain times.

olivia let out a quick sigh and closed the book, setting it next to her but she kept her eyes straight ahead.

"olivia, what's going on?" he asked, concern laced into his voice.

she didn't answer or look at him. "livia, at least look at me." he said, he regretted it once she looked at him.

her eyes piercing through his skin. her eyes alone told him she was upset.

"what's wrong?" he asked walking around the couch sitting down in front of her.

"livia, talk to me." he asked with pleading eyes. "what did i do wrong?" he asked.

she didn't reply, instead she looked at the clock on the wall. jalen followed her eyes to it.

"i'm so sorry, liv. i lost track of time." he explained, but he was supposed to be there 5 hours ago.

"5 hours, jalen. i thought you were dead, in a car accident or something. so many things could've happened in five hours." she said.

"you didn't even text me or call me. i did both of those things so many times, and not one response." she said.

"liv, i'm sorry. my phone died, i didn't mean to, i'm so sorry." he said, reaching for her hand.

"no," liv said standing up from the couch. "sorry isn't going to cut it. i was worried sick about you, you are supposed to be here five hours ago."

she started walking up the stairs. "liv," he said quickly to follow her.

"no." she said turning around on the steps. "you're sleeping on the couch." olivia said turning back around and walking upstairs.

and that's what he did, olivia slept in her bed, and jalen slept on the couch.

jalen was unbelievably mad at himself, he let five hours slip by and that was no one's fault but his own.

he knew he had to make it up to olivia somehow, but how could he do it?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: