011

november 29th, 2022

"miles," jalen said. "can you give us a minute?" he asked, not trying to let his anger get the best of him.

"whatever you can say to my girlfriend, you can say in front of me." miles said.

"miles." jalen said sternly. "give us a minute." he didn't ask this time.

miles looked at liv, she nodded and he left the room. "what kind of game do you think you're playing?" he said. although it was a question, he didn't make it sound like one.

"i'm not playing any game." liv said nonchalantly. "if anything, you're the one playing games." she said.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he said.

"you're a player, jalen. you play with people's emotions and cut them lose when you want to because you're scared of commitment." liv said.

"what are you? a therapist?" jalen said. he knew she was right, and he hated that.

"no, but you aren't denying it." liv said. she was so close, she knew he was about to crack.

"i'm not scared of commitment." jalen stated. he was lying through his teeth right now, and they both knew it.

"this isn't football, do what your heart wants you to do, not what your mind is telling you to do." liv stated. he looked as if he was thinking over his options.

"i don't know what you want me to tell you." jalen said, liv could tell he was running out of excuses and the energy to make them.

"tell me what i know you want to tell me." liv stated. jalen bit his tongue and swiped it over his teeth.

"jalen." liv said standing up. he stood up too, she knew he was about to say it.

he gave up on the war with his mind and his heart and let it out. "i like you, liv. is that what you wanted to hear!" he said.

all the built up frustration was coming out of him now. "when i'm around you, i get nervous because i feel the need to act perfect to impress you, i think over every single thing ten times i do if it involves you." he admitted.

"i'm sorry for kissing you, i'm sorry for disrespecting your feelings, i'm sorry for not telling you. i am. i'm so so so sorry, liv." jalen said.

"and i get it, you're with miles. and if you're happy with him, then fine. but i'm not going to sit here and pretend like i'm okay with it, because i'm not." jalen said.

"i'm not going to pretended that i'm happy for you two because every waking moment you to have been together, i've wanted to beat him to pieces and be with you." jalen admitted.

"the reason i was acting so stupid was because i've never felt this way about anyone before and i'm scared. i'm scared of commitment and i'm scared of getting hurt. i'm scared i'm going to screw things up." jalen said.

"but i have to keep reminding myself that it's okay to be scared, it's okay to feel worried, i don't have to be numb all the time." he said.

"and i don't know what the point of me saying this is, because i was too late. i was too late and now i lost you, but i can't go another day without telling you how i feel." jalen said taking a big huff at the end of it.

"i'm not with miles." liv stated, jalen furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "we acted like we were so you would finally tell me all this time what i've been waiting for you to say." she said.

a smile slowly crept onto his face. she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him, his around her waist.

they stood in that position for a while, just hugging, but it meant more to the both of them than either could express.

this hug felt like eating your favorite meal, listening to your favorite song, watching your favorite movie for the first time, reading your favorite book for the first time, your favorite artist's concert.

it felt like sleeping in on a monday because you don't have work or school, it felt like christmas morning, it felt like a nice shower and then going to bed afterwards.

if felt like a warm sweater, it felt like fuzzy socks and a christmas movie, it felt like a weight being lifted off of your chest.

so no, it wasn't just a hug, it was the entire world to the both of them.

"yes! yes! yeah!" miles said jumping back into the room, running victory laps around the couch.

"what on earth are you doing?" jalen asked. his arms were wrapped around liv's shoulders his chin resting on her head.

"celebrating what i practically did." miles said taking a bow. "call me cupid." he said.

they were watching him celebrate what he supposedly created, it wasn't necessarily anything yet.

"okay, well, my work here is done, i shall be leaving." miles said taking one final bow.

"oh wait!" miles said running back into the living room.

"i'm breaking up with you, it's just not working out anymore." miles said patting the girl on the shoulder.

"how will i ever recover!" liv said dramatically putting her hand on her head.

"find a rebound." jalen stated. they shared their goodbyes, and miles left.

"so what do we do now?" liv asked.

"whatever you want to do, baby." jalen said mocking the conversation with miles.

"shut up." liv said playfully rolling her eyes.

"you never told me how you feel about me." jalen said as they sat down on the couch.

"i thought it was obvious." liv said.

"nope, not really." jalen said with a playful smile.

liv leaned up and kissed him. "does than clear up any confusion?" she asked pulling away.

"mmm, no." jalen said. "you might have to do it one more time." he said.

"oh really." liv said pulling him in once more. "i think we are good now?" she asked.

"yeah, i think so." jalen replied.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: