Prologue

I can't help myself but smile bitterly as I watch my eldest sister, Lilia walked up the stage. She's wearing a very elegant and beautiful cocktail dress that suits her very well.

The crown cheered loudly and clapped their hands as if they are so proud of Lilia. We are currently in a celebration party that is being held in the Lionheart mansion for the purpose of celebrating Lilia's inheritance of the company I've been working hard for.

All my life, people are telling me I'm not as good as my sister and I will never be able to surpass them that's why I studied business management and worked so hard for our company in hope of someday inheriting it but my dreams were shattered when my father choose Lilia as the heir.

"Everyone, Lilia Lionheart also known as the number one beauty in the whole capital" Father bragged about his favorite daughter before he gave the mic to her.

"Father, you're praising me too much. We all know that it is Zerhica who is much more beautiful than I am" Lilia said shyly before she smiled in my direction. Her smiles look so sweet but held another meaning.

If I didn't know Lilia, I would have thought that she was being sincere but I know her more than anyone else. I know that behind her shy act and gentle face hides a very cunning evil girl who is willing to step on others just to lift herself up. Just like what she is doing right now.

She praised me for her to look nice and humble while I will look like a hypocrite who uses her famous sister to gain attention.

"Zerhica? That woman? Much more beautiful than Lilia?" Laughter erupted when those words echoed through the hall.

"I bet Zerhica beg her sister Lilia to say that, why else would Lilia say such nonsense?"

"Stop laughing everyone, It is true that Zerhica is much more beautiful than I am and much more talented than our second sister Kate" Lilia said but instead of stopping the crowd from laughing, those words just added fuel to the fire.

It is obviously a lie, Everyone knows I'm the trash Zerhica Lionheart who is neither beautiful nor talented as much as my two sisters, Lilia and Kate.

I clenched my fist as I held my tears back, stopping them from falling. I don't want to look so weak in front of these people.

'Calm down, Zerhica... Someday you will be on top of everyone... someday...' I whispered to myself repeatedly.

I believed that if I kept on trying and working hard, sooner or later I will be on top and everyone will look up to me. I believed that if I kept on trying, my hard work will someday bear the fruits of success.

But I was wrong... I was so damn wrong.

After Lilia became the heir and CEO of our family business, She fired me from being the head of the design department saying that I'd been working so hard for so long and I needed a break.

Of course, I didn't agree and tried my best to save my position but the heads of the other departments and the other stock holders agreed to Lilia's decision and that's how I lost my job.

My 5 years' worth of hard work to be in that position disappeared in a blink of an eye.

I tried asking my father for help but as I expected he didn't even bother looking at me as he turn down my request.

"Lilia is now the new CEO and will be the future chairwoman when I retire so just respect her decision and move on" He said. His face is void of emotion as if losing my place in the company I've been working hard for is just a small matter for him. As if he wasn't talking to his own daughter but to a very insignificant person.

"Then what am I supposed to do with my life? I've studied business management for this company and spent my life working for it. I've sacrificed my happiness and freedom for this company and now you're telling me to accept everything and move on?" I said through gritted teeth as I tried to calm my nerves down.

"Did I ask you to do that?" for the first time, dad looked away from the newspaper he's reading and glanced my way.

"W-what?"

"I didn't ask you to sacrifice your happiness for the company so why are you being angry now? You have no right to be angry with me about wasting your time and energy working for the company because, from the very beginning, I was never planning on giving it to you"

I couldn't stop myself from crying anymore. I felt frustrated and tired at the same time.

"Why must you be so harsh on me like this?" I can hear my voice break as my eyes blurred from the tears that kept on falling down my cheeks.

"We both know why I don't like you"

I laughed bitterly. "Because I'm the daughter of the woman you married for money"

"Yes, I'm glad you know"

"I know... You don't have to remind me of that every single time" I whispered. My tears still kept on falling down my cheeks.

"You're asking what are you gonna do with your life now?" father asked before he smiled cunningly. Now I know where Lilia gets her evil smile from. "I have a perfect job for you"

I should have known. The 'perfect job' that my father was talking about is me marrying one of his business partners. And what's worse is that the man he arranged for me to marry is a 60-year-old perverted man who is extremely rich.

I lose hope as I cried my eyes out the entire night before I married that old man. My remaining faith in life was shattered as I live my life being a wife of a perverted old man.

I live in agony and despair for almost 20 years and the day he died is the best day of my life. I suffered great torment when that old man is still alive but I would have never thought that nothing will change even after he died.

When He died and I become a widow, instead of me inheriting all the money that the old man has, All of his riches were transferred to my father's bank account and nothing was left for me.

I lived the rest of my life working for myself but even though I was a graduate student, I never had a permanent job as I was never accepted. Lilia, who is now a very famous and well-known successful businesswoman must have made sure that I will never be accepted in other companies just to torment me even more.

I regretted everything. I regretted living my life trying to prove myself and doing everything that my father says.

I regretted sacrificing my happiness and freedom for the sake of the company my father cared for more than he cared for me. I wish I could turn back time....

I wish I could have loved myself more. I wish I could have made real friends instead of trying to please those fake people who don't even see my worth. I wish I could have someone by my side... I was so full of insecurities and jealousy for my sister that I wasted my life living in their shadows instead of living my own life.

If I could have another chance... I would have spent my life living the best of my life instead of being jealous of something I don't have and comparing myself to others.

At the age of 40, I died because of a car accident. Some people say that before you die, you will think of those people who you will miss greatly but as I stared up at the sky with my last dying breath, my mind was blank. I couldn't think of anyone.

I smiled bitterly as my eyes closed and I completely gave up on life but just before I lost my breath, I heard a very unfamiliar voice.

"Zerhica... Let's meet in your second life"

Then I lost consciousness not knowing that fate is planning something big for me.