Chapter 2: The Groupchat

Whenever Link and his brother got to the car, Aryll was already waiting in the front seat.

   "Hello!" she beamed while waving excitedly. "I can't wait to tell you all about my day!"

   Their father had a warm smile, contrary to his usual stoic face.

   Colin hopped in the back. "Then go ahead," he encouraged.

   Aryll giggled as Link almost tripped into the car. Link bashfully adjusted himself, smiling.

   "So," she began, "I first met my teacher, Mrs. Marie. She's got funny pink hair, but she's very nice. I also made lots of new friends like I said I would! There's Kukiel, who loves to explore, and Agitha, who calls herself the Bug Princess. Plus, there's a group of boys who are all best friends and they call each other the Bombers. I think one of 'em was called Jim? Oh yeah!! There's also a real life prince!! His name was Prince Ralis!!" Aryll clapped her hands together once and giggled.

   "A real life prince?" Colin questioned, humoring his sister.

   "It's true!" she quipped. "He was a Zora prince, too!"

   Link's eyes widened in realization. "I bet you I met his real life princess sister."

   Their younger sister only seemed to light up more. "Seriously?!?"

   Link nodded. "Her name was Ruto," he told her.

   Aryll beamed. "You should definitely let me meet her!!"

   "Maybe someday..."

   "Definitely someday!" she confirmed.

   Link and Colin laughed, their father still smiling.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

   When they got home, the three saw their oldest brother fiddling with the dirt in front of the house.

   Aryll was the first to hop out. She rushed up to Mido with a goofy smile. "Whatcha' up to? Looking for worms?"

   Mido paused and gave her a glare that said, "Seriously?"

   She nervously giggled. "My baaddd..."

   Colin and Link walked up to their other siblings while their father locked the car.

   "Are you planting some flowers?" Colin asked. "If so, I'd love to help."

   "Here." Mido handed him another spade. "The rest of the plants are on the porch."

   Colin nodded with a smile. "Thanks! I'll be right out!" He gazed at Link expectantly.

   Link looked around with confusion. "Huh?"

  "Just c'mon," Colin laughed. He walked up the steps and into the front door, spade in hand.

   Link followed hastily. As the two entered, they removed their shoes and set them by the front door, making their way to their bedroom. "Whoa!" they said in sync, turing to each other in surprise.

   In front of them stood a bunk bed that had somehow already been constructed. The brother's high-fived with goofy grins and rushed to the bed. On the other side of the room, across from this bed, was a long, wide box with a photo of the same bunk bed. This box wasn't opened yet.

   Link and Colin rushed up the couple steps that ran along the side of the already constructed bed. They plopped down on the fluffy mattress and giggled.

   "So, tell me. Was that girl really Zelda?" Colin asked. "Because she certainly was not the Zora princess."

   Link laughed. "You never know... but no, she isn't." He adjusted his legs to be folded and crossed over each other. "She is Zelda. I met her at lunch."