47. A Trip to Vanaheim 1/2

Začať od začiatku

Snotlout sighed, of course they were here for him.

With a nod, he was lowered to the floor, where he pointed them in the direction of Hiccup's hut, before grumbling. "Why does no one ever come to see me."

Sigrid grabbed a hold of Dagur's arm, which had become a very common occurrence, as they walked.

Lowering her lips next to his ear, she spoke with a teasing smirk. "For someone who doesn't like nicknames, you sure call me every name under the sun."

"Those are pet-names, Sig. That's totally different. Besides, when we were kids I only called you all of those to annoy you." Dagur defended, whilst simultaneously counteracting his argument. "Also, I don't mind messing with other people's names. Just... don't do it with mine."

"Alright." Sigrid shrugged. "Then I guess you'll just be Dagur. No more, babe, baby, husband, sweetheart, love-"

"No, no, no, I never said that." Dagur was quick to stop her, smirking as he did so. "You know why I don't like people messing with my name, I've told you before."

Sigrid hummed.

"I remember." One name, Ansson. "I was just teasing you."

"I know." Dagur nodded with a smile, before giving her a kiss. "You've always been good at making me feel better."

"More like distracting you, but that works too." Sigrid shrugged, before kissing his cheek as he laughed. 

They arrived at Hiccup's hut shortly, and to their luck, he was still there; not busy for once! 

---

"If she keeps following this diary-" Dagur told him as he slammed said diary on the table, "-she's gonna get killed. She's become reckless! And I don't mean that in like a cool, Swashbuckle-y kinda way." 

Dagur finished his talk by doing some imaginary sword fencing... with the air, sound effects included. Hiccup and Sigrid didn't even glance up at it anymore, after all the years they'd known Dagur this had become their new sense of normal. Sigrid, if anything, was more interested to see her brother's reaction to the journal, as she hadn't even read it herself.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but people in my family tend to get a little fixated on things." Dagur's tangent continued. "Like... ruling an archipelago, controlling a Skrill, killing you, becoming hopelessly devoted to a giant Viking."

Sigrid had to stop herself from laughing, but she didn't mind that description at all. Dagur's always had a bit of an obsession with her height, to the point where she actually had to question him about it. His reasoning? Her heightened presence makes him feel safe. One time he compared himself to a squirrel in a tree, during one of their nightly cuddle sessions. Sigrid didn't find that nearly as adorable as he did, but he looked so joyous that she couldn't bring herself to be offended. 

Hiccup raised his brow in amusement. "And you're afraid Heather's got that same obsessive nature."

"We're Berserkers, it's in our blood!" Dagur declared with an air of obviousness, clearing his throat before he got too ahead of himself. "Please, Hiccup, look through my dad's diary and see if there's anything in there- a clue, a sign, a harbinger of doom. Something!"

"Well..." Hiccup started as his eyes skimmed through the pages. "Oswald certainly didn't want anyone to know what he was working on."

"Exactly!" Dagur sighed. "So when you tell Heather there's nothing worth following, she'll listen to you! She won't listen to me, because she's a stubborn, headstrong, stress-inducing-"