12: Welcome Home Regulus

I sent Regulus a copy of the Diary the next day so he could switch it out when it was the perfect time. Sirius hadn't left my side for the next few weeks, which I was okay with at first, but now it's getting old. "Sirius, you've been hovering over me since I got the locket. You need to give me space and treat me like you always have. I'll restrict your access here if you don't."

He pouts and gives me a dramatic sigh, "fine, I'll stop. Don't act like you didn't love it though." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I scoff in reply, "In your dreams."

"I do more than follow you around the house in my dreams." My face immediately turns red and I throw the plastic bat I was holding at him, "Sirius!" He chuckles as he catches and sticks the bat to the wall behind him without looking where, "it's true darling. If you ever want to know what we do, all you have to ask." I turn away and clear my throat, "well I don't want to know." I declare. "Sure you don't, darling. It's not like you're obsessed with me." He smiles. "Anyways, why are you decorating your house with bats, ghosts, and lights?"

"Halloween is coming soon, I'm so late to decorating, everything should have been decorated by at least the end of September. In America kids would dress up as their favorite characters and would go door to door with their parents to get free candy, yards would be decorated to be spooky or even scary. There are even haunted houses we can go to just for a scare."

"Free candy?" He asks. "Yep, but from what I understand, here in the UK there's no trick or treating, just bonfires." (AN: Please correct me if I'm wrong) He nods, "and you go out to haunted houses to get scared for fun?" I hum to confirm as I string up lights. "Yes but they aren't actually haunted, people dress as scary characters and jump out to scare you." Sirius sighs in disappointment, "damn I thought they were actually haunted." I chuckle and finish the living room, I start going to the kitchen when the floo activates and Regulus steps through, He tosses a book at me causing me to drop the decorations. "Here's your cursed book, now take this thing off of me." I send the book off with a flick of my wrist and pull regulus to take a seat.

"Reggie?"

Regulus tenses and looks at his brother, "Sirius, I didn't know you were here." Sirius sits across from him, "I'm always here, might as well move in since I'm never at my flat anymore." Sirius gives me a look as he says it. "I'm just glad you're here Reggie, you're safe here." Regulus relaxes and rolls up his sleeve as I summon my homemade curse breaking kit and a notebook, I wave my wand and scan his arm and irritated red lines appear, they are all knotted to each other in some way and also look to be restricting Regulus in some way. I write my findings down and hand Regulus pain relief.

"There's a bunch of knots I have to unravel but it's going to be painful and tedious. It will take a session or two. I'll start with what I assume is tracking since it's the biggest." Regulus downs the potion and relaxes in the chair as I get started. We sit quietly for a while before Regulus clears his throat, unable to be quiet anymore. "You left me Sirius."

"I didn't think you'd come if I'd offer." Regulus balls his right fist, "that's right, you didn't think. I had to suffer with our horrid mother as she pushed me to be the head of house, as she pushed me into the dark lord, as she stood by smiling while I screamed out in pain as I'm branded. Why would you think I wouldn't come with you?"

Sirius lowers his head with his jaw clenched, "you were always at that hags side, clutching her skirts and following her around. You were always her favorite. I really did try to be a good son, but everything I did was wrong. She always says as she beat me 'why can't you ever be like Regulus? You are a disappointment to the Black name.' So I decided to do whatever I wanted. I would've died on that floor if I didn't have my friends and she wouldn't have even cared." Regulus sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose.