5: Hello Peter

Authors Notes: did I just upload the first five chapters at once? Yes. Yes I did.

————————————————————————

The next morning I get up early and get ready for the day, dressing in a pair of shorts and a graphic  tee before I head down to the kitchen. I set the coffee pot to brew and decided on French toast sticks for breakfast so I pulled out the bread, eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and a bowl and got right to it.

I finish the French toast and begin frying bacon and eggs, cutting up fruits when I finish. There's a tapping at the window so I open it up and a brown barn owl comes in and drops a letter at the table and perches on a chair waiting for a reply. Lily and James walk in just as it does so and grab the letter since they recognize the owl. Remus comes down next and I begin to set the table. Sirius is the last down still in his pajamas but with a shirt on (thank goodness) and a bed head. He plops himself down and looks at his plate. "What's this?"

"It's French toast sticks. I'm not sure if you guys ever had them but it's a popular breakfast item in America. You can add the fruit on top with syrup and it's even better." Sirius dumps his cup of fruit and pours a heap of syrup on top before he cuts it and takes a bite. "This is really good." I nod in agreement. "You could also use your hands and eat them one by one, but since you already dumped all that syrup on it I don't suggest it."

Lily rips open the letter catching our attention. "It's a letter from Peter." Sirius, Remus, and James all tense at the name. "Guys you really have to get your act together if we are going to keep everything secret for now." We all waited a moment for the guys to calm down before she continued. "He is writing to let us know that his mom is doing well again and that he wanted to see us tonight to catch up."

"My father invited us to dinner tonight. We may not be able to talk about our plan while Peter is there, but we will all be fed. Lily and I will stay once everyone goes home for the night and discuss plans then." I take a bite of my fruit and chew slowly for a bit before I reply. "Make sure you ward the room and cast a revealing and muffliato charm to make sure you're alone and no one else hears. Make sure Peter has actually left." We all finish breakfast in silence thinking about how it will go when they see Peter then clean and put everything away.

"So what's the plan today?" Sirius asks plopping himself down in the living room. "I was going to expand the cut off the bedroom on this floor and turn it into a library, then make a cover over the doors so if it was raining and you want to go into the library you wouldn't get wet. I also have to study up on wards." Sirius lets out a dramatic sigh. "Boring." I cross my arms and roll my eyes. "Like you have anything better to do." He opens and closes his mouth but doesn't say anything. "I'm going to visit my parents, I haven't seen them in a while and I want to check in on mum."

Remus waves us off and thanks me for breakfast for going to the floo. "Text me the time we're meeting at your parents place James and I'll see you guys there." He grabs a handful of floo powder and shouts "Lupin Cottage" before he disappears into the green flames. "Lily and I are heading out too. We're meeting up with Frank and Alice since they are leaving for their honeymoon soon." I wave them off with a smile. "They don't know me but give them my love."

They both give a smile and grab a handful of powder. "I'll text you later. Longbottom Manor!" They leave and it's only Sirius left. "You can stay if you'd like, I'll be getting my library together." Sirius jumps up and walks with me to the room. "I'll help out, it will be finished quickly this way." We get to work enlarging the room and setting up shelves, putting the books away alphabetically by author then title but keeping any series I had together. I still had plenty of space for books so I got a list together of what I have and may need so I could put in another bulk order. The entire project took about two hours with magic.