CH13 SNEAKY BUT CUTE...

Start from the beginning

“Why does Akshara look so familiar? Have you worked with her before?” Kairav flipped through the folder with the event pictures.

“I didn’t, maybe you did. Secretly planning a wedding, huh?”

Nayan laughed.

“Stop kidding. I’m serious. Why is that woman so familiar?”

“Maybe you saw her at one of the weddings you attended.”

“Possibly.”

Nayan interjected. “I know why she is familiar. She looks just like Anu auntie’s daughter.”

Kairav scrunched his nose. “Who?”

“Ma’s first cousin who lives in Singapore.”

Nayan pulled up his phone and showed the social media image of the teenager.

Kairav smiled. “I can see the similarity except for the purple hair.”

“Right.” Kairav laughed and added, “Let’s meet with the other party members to discuss event ideas. I think we should plan sooner than later.”

“Okay. I will take care of it. I’ll see you for dinner. Ma wants us both home this evening.” Kairav reminded.

“See you later, brother.”

*****

“I need a break now.” Anisha collapsed on the back rest of the chair feigning a faint after running through the step-by-step plan of her entry and subsequent steps through the main events that were planned in a week.

“We can take a break, but we need one final run through. We will be back in thirty minutes.” Akshara smiled at Anisha and nodded at her team leads who were there for the event review.

Anisha’s mother stood up from the table where they were sitting.

“I will send snacks for you all while you relax.”

“Thank you, Mrs Birla.” Akshara smiled.

Anisha got up from her chair. “I will be right back as well.”

The key family members left, leaving Akshara and her team at the table. Akshara looked at Jai and asked, “How are the performances coming along? Do we need any other practices?”

Jai shook his head. “Didn’t you just say, we were all on a break?”

The group broke into a laugher, and Akshara smiled.

“Anisha is on break. We aren’t.”

“I object. We are all on break.”

“We all go on a break after—” Akshara’s voice was lost when she saw Anisha walking back to the table with her grandmother and Abhimanyu with her.