PART 26

hola mi amigos 👋🏾

this is a long one, hope you enjoy and remember to like and comment

I'm thinking of making an Instagram for this book, so I can make live updates and drop sneak peaks, let me know if this sounds like something you all would like 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
HIDDEN HILLS, LOS ANGELES

"Let me get one more of these," Dave asked the barman, pushing his glass forward.

"Another scotch?" He asked grabbing a bottle,

"A double," Dave nodded waiting for his drink to be poured. Once it was done, he threw it back quickly, ignoring the burn.

Dave ignored his phone once more and ordered another drink, throwing some money onto the bar.

"You know I've been sober," He mumbled to the bartender, "Sober for my wife, for my kids," He said in a low tone.

"What happened?" The bartender asked in concern,

"My wife had sex with someone else," Dave said lowly, "Not because she wanted to but she did,"

The bartender looked at him in confusion, not understanding the story.

"I shouldn't be mad but she's my wife," Dave continued. "You would be mad right?"

"I guess," The bartender nodded. "I think I can't serve you no more," He added.

"Fuck you mean?" He frowned up,

"I can't serve you," The bartender repeated.

Dave sucked his teeth and reached for the bottle.

"Amir that's enough," Naala said from behind him, "Let's go home,"

"My wife," Dave said not turning around. "I don't know how she found me, I didn't tell no one where I was going,"

"Get up," Naala took his arm, pulling him up.

"How did you find me?" He followed behind her, stumbling slightly.

"I have your location at all times," Naala said unlocking her car. She chose her Rolls Royce as it was the less flashy.

"I'm sorry baby," Dave held her hand as she got into the drivers seat,

"Why would you waste months of progress?" She said softly,

"I'm mad, I'm allowed to be mad," He said angrily. "It was one drink,"

"It wasn't one drink Amir," Naala snapped at him. "After all we've worked for, what is wrong with you?"

"He touched you," Dave turned to her,

"So it's because I got raped?" She asked him gently. "That was not my fault,"

"No it's my fault," He shouted making her jump. "It's my fault because I'm never there, I'm always somewhere else,"

"You can't blame yourself, that's stupid," Naala said shaking her head,

"I'm the one that's meant to make sure shit like that doesn't happen to you," He continued. "But it keeps happening,"