Aarohi let out a chuckle. “And I can’t wait to see what Neeraj designed for all of us to wear at the wedding.”

“Me, too.” Akshara smiled. Jai interjected.

“The eagle has landed, and so has her fiancé and her darling brother, the one and only Brozilla.”

“Let’s get this party started,” Akshara cheered.

Hours passed, and the group was not ready to simmer down. There was a planned cake cutting to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Anisha and her fiancé, Deepak, meeting at a friend’s wedding.

Akshara cleared her throat before speaking into her earpiece.

“Guys, we need to tee up our chief guests to gather at the center of the dance floor. Who has eyes on Anisha?”

No response.

“Where is Deepak?”

No response.

“Negative,” Jai confirmed.

Akshara heard Aarohi giggle.

“I don’t see them either, and Akshara relax. The young couple may be having a private moment.”

Akshara knew something was off.

“Aarohi or Jai, check with your teams if anyone has seen Anisha.”

A few minutes passed, and Jai finally spoke.

“The caterer confirmed that the couple were seen going to the back of the building.”

“I’m going to look for her. Find her brother for me. Something is off.”

Akshara went down a utility elevator to the lowest level and stepped onto the grass at the back. She took two steps and stopped when she heard Anisha’s voice, and she did not sound happy. She knew she was not supposed to intervene, but she could not help herself. She turned the corner around the building and saw Anisha standing with her back to the brick wall, and Deepak was looking at her, rage in his eyes.

“Anisha, is everything okay?” Akshara kept her eyes on the girl who refused to raise her eyes.

Deepak spoke before Anisha could. “Akshara, talk some sense into her.”

“Deepak, please don’t take that tone.” Akshara looked away from him to look at Anisha. “Are you okay?”

“She has lost her mind. This is not even something we should be debating about. Such a small thing.”

“If it is so small, then you let it go, Deepak.”

Deepak let out a growl and looked at Akshara.