Chapter 4

Aonung perspective:

After leaving Neteyam, my sister and I quickly reached my father.

-Where were you Tsireya why weren't you sleeping when I called you?

Then I saw how my sister got scared that my father might find out that she was seeing Lo'ak so I decided to take the blame for her.

- She was with me, sir.

- And where were you, Aonung?

- I was at the shore, I wanted to talk to her about what you ordered me, for advice on what to do.

Then my sister relaxed and looked at me with a warm smile. And my father changed the subject.

-Actually, I called you on this very matter. I got a response from other clans, about agreeing to meet their women.

- But father...sir.

I started stammering out of worry and started scolding myself because I had almost told Neteyam that I wanted to be with him.

-Aonung this is not a request today you will leave with Rotxo and some other soldiers to the clans.

-Understood sir.

-Prepare yourself!

Week later

Neteyam perspective:

It's been a week now and I haven't seen Aonung, I don't know what's going on with him and I'm ashamed to ask. And he hasn't joined for dinner or hunting. I hope everything is okay. As I stood on the shore looking at the water, then I saw five Skimwing's. Aonung was on one of them and Rotxo, he got off the creature with grace as if he had been doing it all his life and with a confident and angry step entered the board where his father was. Then I couldn't hold back and went there too I had to find out what was going on was happening. I got closer to understand what was happening but it was hard to hear.

Aonung perspective:

This trip was a disaster, everyone wanted to give their women's as if they were some fresh fish or clothes. I was furious and during the trip, I realized that I will not be the next leader of the clan, why are they forcing me to find a partner, what are my parents hiding? That's why on the last day when I got home I directly went to talk to my father. When I entered the tent I saw my father playing with my little sister.

- Sir, we need to talk, it's important.

-What's going on Aonung, didn't you choose a wife?

- No, dad, I haven't chosen, I'm even planning to tell you that I won't choose.

-What are you talking about, Aonung?

He was already shouting, he hadn't expected me to complain like that about something so important.

- Yes, father, I will not choose a woman, because I have chosen who to be with and he is not a woman.

-Aonung you are crazy, I don't mind what gender you will be with.

- So if I tell you that I will be Neteyam, you will not object?

Then my mother intervened.

- We disagree with the Sully family.

-Why, mother, answer me, why are you pressuring me to find a wife?

My father motioned for my mother to be quiet.

-Because we know how you feel about him and we wanted to prevent that.

- Why are you interfering in my love life, dad?

Then my mother couldn't stand it and answered before my father.

-They have demon blood.

I was already screaming at the top of my lungs.

- But when we thought that Neteyam was dead, you told them that they are already part of us, right?

And they froze, they saw that this was hurting me, and they both reached out to me to calm me down. I hissed with anger and turned to them.

- Don't touch me, I can't even look at you right now.

And I went outside when I saw Neteyam trying to listen, I saw by his eyes that he couldn't hear anything and I grabbed his hand and started pulling him. And I told him.

- You come with me, now!

Neteyam perspective:

He grabbed my hand tightly and started pulling me towards the water and only told me in a gentle voice.

- When I enter the water, hold on to me tightly!

I did as he told me and started me swimming. My heart was beating fast from the adrenaline and from being so close to him. We went to the rocks close to the reef and he then let go.

-Are you crazy, Aonung, how could you pull me like that, my hand will turn blue.

But he didn't let me speak anymore and kissed me passionately, it was like I was his last breath of air.

He bit and growled,and when my lip bled he licked me like I was the most delicious fruit he had ever eaten. And after I was out of breath he stopped and said.

-I'm in love with you.

I looked at him amazed and speechless.

- I don't want anyone else but you Neteyam. You are my man.

After I tied my dictionary I was able to answer.

-Aonung, you are crazy. You know no one will approve.

- I know but I can't hide it anymore. Marry me Neteyam.

-Aonung I...I can't.

Aonung perspective:

After hearing this, my heart broke, I wanted to know at least why he refused me, but when I tried to talk to him, he ran into the water and started swimming towards the village. And I was left alone and confused.

Neteyam perspective:

I was so confused and scared after I got home I didn't want to talk to anyone. Why did I say that? Maybe because I didn't want the relationship to start with a secret because I still don't know what he was so cruelly hiding from me, or because, I was afraid of what would be others thought's. And then I cried.

- Oh great Eywa, what should I do?

I hope you all enjoyed today's chapter, if you have any suggestions please write them or if you have any comments on what I should change. <3

They are over 18 years old in the story!!!

I'm sorry if it has mistakes.<3