His eyebrows knitted in confusion but his lips uttered nothing. 

"I will be staying at the hotel for tonight," she murmured while her hand rested on her arms. 

"So do I," he nodded. 

He then noticed that the rain stopped but both of his and her clothes were drenched with water. "My car is this way," he gestured for her to follow him as he proceed to cross the street and open the car's door for her. 

Getting in the car, Adam's hand reached to turn on the heating system. 

"He is in rehab." 

Adam's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, anticipating and waiting for her to clarify who is she talking about. 

"It is my father," she uttered calmly answering his unspoken question. "By the way, I didn't know about Henry until today. I'm sorry for your loss," her voice wavered despite not knowing Adam's father for a long time, he was a good man and she liked him a lot. Thus, she couldn't help but wipe the escaped tear that rested on the top of her cheek. 

"Thank you, he did like you a lot," Adam said, his hand steering the wheels as he turned the car and stop it right in front of the hotel's entrance. The valet man hurried to take the keys out of Adam's hand. 

Elena stepped out of the car and side by side they walked into the hotel's reception to check in. 

"Are you here together, Mr. Rutherford?" the woman in the reception asked politely. 

"No," Elena answered. "We would like to have separate rooms please." 

She moved on, she moved on! She is probably dating that athlete, he isn't just a friend. Adam's hand tightened in a fist by his side. 

Adam forced himself to nod in agreement while plastering a fake smile for the redhead employee behind the desk. 

"Here are your cards, sir." 

Adam's hand reached for the cards and passed one to Elena. His gaze then settled on her fizzy hair and he can't help but recall memories of this midnight black hair that he loved so much. That exact day when he knew he loved her. She had a cold and laid her head on his thighs while he caressed her hair. 

He then snaps his gaze away from her hair. 

Elena's heels started to click as she gets in the elevator and wait for him to get in. As much as she tries to calm down her heartbeat, she can't help the drumming sound in her ears. She had missed him! 

Her eyes followed him as he gets in the elevator while his eyes remain locked on her as well. His finger lightly tapped the button of the tenth floor. 

"We need to talk," Adam said as he buried his hand in the pocket of his pants. 

"Right," she agreed in firmness as she prepare herself to shed her wounds open one last time for him because what she will say about whatever happened three years ago will unlock buried memories. But for him, she will do it since he deserves an explanation. He has to know. 

The elevator came to a halt as it reached its destination. 

Getting out of the elevator they started to walk in the same direction. Elena's eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement as she stopped in front of her room while Adam stopped by the room that aligned exactly in front of hers. 

His shoulders shrugged lightly as a small mischievous smile snake his lips. "I guess we are neighbors."

"Yeah," she rubbed her hands in anxiousness. 

Marrying the professorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें