seventeen - his

AARONS POV

Since the day that I moved out, my mind does nothing but think of Cassandra. It feels so wrong too.

When I was younger, Maggie and Cassandra, were just little freshmen's at the time, I would notice Cassandra look my way.

More than enough to know she had a crush on me. I'd never told her I knew because I didn't want her to embarrass herself. And myself.

I also had a crush on her, but I was little more discrete about it. I also never told her because she was my sisters best friend and I knew enough about Cassandra to know that she was going to do great if she had nothing to distract her.

I didn't want to ruin that for her. I'd rather ruin my chance with her forever than ruin her chance of her being the best she could.

I sit on Lorenzo's couch, scrolling through each and every channel. Enzo comes out of the bathroom with a huge grin on his face and dripping water all over our floor.

"What's with that?" I tease. Enzo has been non-stop texting Cassandra's new friend, Meredith. He said ever since I sent him to pick up my clothes at my house, she's got him wrapped around his little finger.

Enzo was never one for the women. Or at least the women he met. They'd just want to sleep with him and he doesn't want that.

That's where Enzo and me are similar. We both want someone who wants us for us. Not because of what they think we can give them in bed.

Meredith has him whipped because all he does is type on that phone and nothing else. "Guess who's gonna see Meredith after two weeks of non-stop texting?" He grins like a child with a lollipop, "I am."

"You know you look stupid right? She's got you wrapped around her finger. And doesn't she not do dating? Isn't that what you told me?" I make an excellent point. Lorenzo's my brother , and I took my long to realize that blood doesn't equal family.

I've seen Lorenzo get his hopes up for a girl just for her to completely shut him down. He didn't get out of bed for a week. She wasn't there when she had to force feed him food or there to beg him to get into the shower.

I was. And I'm not a huge fan of doing it again. "Your girl told me that she wasn't open up for dating? Yes she did. But she also and I quote said it never hurts to try. So—"

"First off she's not my girl and secondly, she's wrong. Trying always gets you hurt. Don't forget that." My voice is firm and I know Lorenzo gets flashbacks to when he did get hurt trying.

He nods at me, but I know he won't stop trying to get Meredith until she hurts him or worse, she doesn't.

"See, and I was going to invite you, but now I'm not." He begins walking up the stairs to his room. He wants me to stop him. I know him well enough to know, just as he knows me too.

"Wait." Lorenzo's reached the top of the stairs and leans over the edge. "What did you get invited to?" The words basically burn in my mouth. I hate that he knows me.

He grins again like a little kid, and walks back down. "Well since you insist, I guess I'll tell you. Today is Cassandra's birthday and she's throwing a party. Or more Meredith is, but there's a party. And the girl you want to try for is the birthday girl." He looks so amused with himself.

I immediately decide I'm going and I know just what to get her. I don't know if she'll like it, but I know she's never received them so.

"Are you coming?" He asks, I open my mouth to say yes just for him to interrupt me, "Of course you are." He gives me a look and I know I can't judge him for trying to start something with Meredith when I'm trying to do the same thing with Cassandra.