-23-

Song: I Can See You

Artist: Taylor Swift

*~*~*~*~*

At the end of Alejandro's class, Heather got up as slowly as she could so that she was the last one to leave. She eyed Courtney, knowing that her new friend seemed too interested in her staying after class lately.

Courtney waited for a moment, checking her watch. "I don't have time to wait," she pouted. "Bye, Heather."

"Bye!" Heather gave an effortless wave, zipping up the last of her things in her backpack.

Once the room was empty, Heather approached Alejandro's desk and put on her 'professional' voice. "May I speak with you in your office for a moment, Professor Alejandro?" She bit her tongue to keep from laughing.

Alejandro shut off his laptop. "Yes, of course, Heather. "Is this about the exam this Friday?"

"Yeah. I need help with some of the study material."

"Alright. Just let me get my things ready." He gathered his textbook and a couple of notebooks before placing them in his black bag.

Heather had two months until she graduated. She knew a lot would change this Summer. Graduate school made her nervous, and she was glad she wouldn't have to face it alone as she initially thought last Fall. Alejandro helped tremendously by filling her in on his experience.

Over the past few weeks, Mariana had become a mother figure for Heather. She didn't know that mothers could be this kind and understanding. Pedro was a bit off-standish, but she figured it was his personality. Besides that, he was polite to her.

Alejandro took Heather to have supper with his parents every Sunday. Luckily, they didn't have to see José too often, as Sunday evenings were his and Cassandra's 'date nights.'

Heather hadn't realized it, but she was becoming happier day by day. She no longer cared about Beth and LeShawna's snide remarks or Katie and Sadie's antics in the middle of class. Study sessions with Courtney turned into friendship coffee or sushi dates, and she and Cody actually got to go to the mall last weekend. Life was almost too good to be true.

When Alejandro and Heather got to his office, Alejandro shut the door behind them, an impish expression on his face. "So, is this actually about the exam, or—"

Heather crashed her lips onto his. "I take it that it is not," Alejandro chuckled breathily between kisses. She dragged him by his shirt collar and led him toward the desk.

"Oh yeah? You wanna be unpredictable today?" He suddenly lifted her. Heather giggled, wrapping her legs around his torso.

Alejandro planted firm kisses on her neck, making her writhe in delight. "I think we should go somewhere more comfortable," he said as he pressed her between him and the wall. "Unless you want to play the quiet game."

Heather sensually rubbed his shoulders. "I think the quiet game sounds kinda hot."

"Can you actually keep quiet, though?" Alejandro chuckled lowly. "No matter what I do to you?"

Shuddering, Heather nodded. "Yeah. Game on."

He slowly placed his lips on hers to resume their make-out session, running his hand up her thigh while she unbuttoned his shirt.

Meanwhile, Cody headed towards Alejandro's office. He was enrolled in one of Alejandro's shorter Spring semester courses, and wanted to ask him about an upcoming quiz.

As Cody approached the door, he raised his fist to knock but stopped in his tracks and turned pale at the sight before him in the window slit. A shirtless Alejandro was making out with his best friend, who hardly had her shirt on.