-18-

Song: Bind Your Love

Artist: Cher Lloyd

*~*~*~*~*

"No. We're not doing that."

"Why not, hermosa?"

"Because," Heather laughed over the phone, "your leg is still broken." She rolled over on her stomach on her bed, kicking her feet up.

"I only have one more week in this cast," Alejandro argued. Over the past two weeks, they went on one date after the stars, but it was only sitting on Alejandro's porch eating dinner. Alejandro had promised himself that he would take Heather on a "real" date without any interruptions.

"Which proves my point further," Heather replied. "You have one more week. Don't break your leg again, dummy," she teased.

"I can't wait that long," Alejandro groaned. "I could take you there tomorrow evening. It's just a short hike. Trust me; it'll be worth it."

"Ugh." Heather rolled onto her back. "You aren't going to stop until I give in, are you?"

"Nope," he said proudly.

She sighed. "You promise that it's a short hike? No steep hills?"

"Yes, I promise," said Alejandro."

"—Ok. But if you hurt yourself again, I might just kill you," Heather smirked.

"What a way to leave this world," he told her with an overdramatic, dreamy sigh.

"Shut up," Heather giggled, playing with her hair.

"I don't know. I think you like me worshipping you like this," Alejandro said.

"Hm, maybe." She was thankful that Alejandro couldn't see her smiling because it would give him the satisfaction of winning.

"I have to grade some papers, so, unfortunately, I can't talk anymore. I'll see you tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," Heather replied softly. "Are we taking a limo again?"

"No. I—I may have told Fernando that you were a casual date. If he sees us together again, he'll start suspecting," Alejandro said. "I found an uber to take us."

"Ok, sounds good," Heather shook her head with a tiny smile. It only makes sense that Fernando believed I was a one-time thing.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow. Again," he laughed.

Heather adored his laugh. It was like music. "See you. Bye."

"Adios, ángel."

Heather reluctantly hung up. She sat up and hugged her pillow, missing him already. She couldn't help but text him: Looking forward to tomorrow♥️

To her surprise, Alejandro texted back in no more than ten seconds: Me too. I promise this time will be so much better💞

Heather: It was good the first time🙄

Alejandro: It will be even better, then💖

Heather: Go grade those papers, slacker😏

Alejandro: You're the one stopping me😘

Heather: Ok, for real this time, bye♥️

Alejandro: See you💕

Heather made herself put down her phone and then went to find Bruiser.

**

Before they knew it, Alejandro and Heather were in the Uber on their way to another one of Alejandro's special dates.