The Feast of Realms

Start bij het begin

The two of them just enjoyed each other's company for the next few hours. In a way, they silently supported each other. When the sun began to rise, Athena went to work on making breakfast knowing the rest of the group would soon be up. 

She secretly enjoyed cooking. She grabbed books filled with recipes when she made her runs to town when she was living on her own wanting to one day try them when she had the equipment. While they were still far off from having the dream kitchen, she was able to try out recipes for the first time in their new home. 

She served Percy first as the others began to file into the dining area, still somewhat asleep. She served them and received several mumbled 'thanks' for the meal. Athena was finishing glazing some bread when Vax came beside her. He was still groggy but wanted to come to her so she didn't have to bring his plate all the way to the table. She handed him his plate and drink.

"I can bring you your bread to the table."

"Thank you but no need," he said as bit into the loaf of bread she was holding. Keyleth had just walked in with high spirits signaled by her vines wrapped around the entryway with birds flying in.

"Good morning, everybody!" Everyone responded with a mixed chorus of grumbles.

"Why is she yelling?" Scanlan mumbled. 

"Oh, good morning, Athena. Vax."

"Morning Keyleth," Athena replied while Vax gave out a muffled response since the bread was in his mouth. He made his way to the empty seat next to Grog. As he was about to sit down, Grog punched him in the balls causing him to drop his breakfast from his hands and mouth as he let out a groan falling on the ground. 

"Ha! Seven to two," Grog stated. 

"I never agreed to this stupid game," he strained as he slowly got back up since he was still feeling the pain in his nether region. 

"Must you?" Percy asked, unamused by their antics as peacefully ate his breakfast.

"We can't all be aloof tight-asses, de Rolo," Scanlan countered. 

"I'm simply suggesting you could all benefit from some well-practiced restraint."

 "Emotions aren't meant to be bottled up. Maybe you should cut loose once in a while," Vex suggested while cuddling with Trinket. Vax got back up in his chair as another plate, cup, and a loaf of bread were placed before him.

"Thank you, The," he blushed a bit.

"No problem."

Vax went to take a bite but was interrupted by knocking at their front door. They could hear Allura calling for them in the hallway. Keyleth tried to open the door to the hallway but it wouldn't budge.

"It's stuck."

"Ugh, fucking door," Scanlan groaned. At this point, everyone was piled up trying to unlock the door.

"These old hinges are rusted," Vex inspected. While the keep had its good parts, it certainly needed to have some...renovations.

"Grog, give it a little shove?" Pike asked. 

"Yep, one sec." Everyone backed up as Grog kicked the door off the hinges. The door slammed against the wall on the other side of the hallway just past Allura. Everyone went into the hallway to greet her.

"Lady Allura, welcome," Vax chuckled while doing bow, "Hope you didn't feel the need to bring a housewarming present," 

"I didn't. Alas, I'm only here to remind you that Sovereign Uriel expects you at his dinner."

"Oh, shit. That's tonight?" Vex realized. 

"Finally. A proper evening of protocol and civilized conversation," Percy excitedly said.