Chapter 5: The Ghost of Christmas

Start from the beginning

"I-I fuck...fuck you lieutenant!"

I turned to open the door only to get stopped with his next stupid remark.

"Fuck me yourself."

I immediately turned my head around with a beet red face and embarrassed expression. Not able to get another word out I turned back ready to run down the hall only for the door to swing open hitting me in the face knocking me to the ground. I slowly started to drift off into unconsciousness, faintly able to hear the voices above me as my eyelids got heavier.

"Johnny what the fuck!!" Ghost yelled.

"I'm sorry I didn't know he was there! Fuck he's unconscious! Price is gonna kill us!" Soap yelled shaking me.

"You fucking wanker you hit him! Who the fuck opens a door like that!" Ghost knelt down on my other side but that was the last thing I heard before my eyes closed.

My head was pounding when I finally woke up immediately trying to close my eyes as the bright light above became more focused.

"You're up."

Ghost's voice was the first thing I heard as I slowly slid up the bed leaning against the wall rubbing my nose which thankfully wasn't broken but had been bleeding. I looked around noticing that I wasn't in the medical wing but in my own room. Ghost was sitting on the bed and the sink could be heard turning off as another man exited.

"Shit. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to knock you out captain!" Soap walked into the room drying hands kneeling down next to me.

"Who the hell kicks open a door anyway?" I groaned rubbing my face.

"He has too much energy." Ghost answered as Soap gave him a glare.

"I can tell. Nice to meet you Sergeant Mactavish."

"Call me Soap." He smiled sitting on the floor cross cross and smiling up at me.

"Captain y/l/n." I swung my legs to the side now looking almost eye level with Soap. He had a noticeable scar running across his chin but otherwise seems relatively un-damaged. I guessed that the main scars were probably hidden underneath his shirt but I quickly shook that image out of my head.

"Merry Christmas Eve by the way!" Soap smiled.

"Was the door to the face your gift to me?" I asked.

"Uhhh no...I have something else but that can wait until tomorrow."

Ghost hadn't taken his eyes off me and despite him not being necessarily intimidating for me it was a little weird. I didn't think much of it since he probably was just concerned about me getting knocked out by Soap's dramatic ass entrance. I just pulled the holiday hoodie that I had set out the night before but forgetting to put on over my head and stood walking past Soap who immediately scrambled to get up and follow.

"So where are we going?" He asked excitedly.

"We?"

"Yeah! You're part of the team now we should get to know each other!"

I just raised an eyebrow at the jumpy sergeant. He seemed full of energy definitely wearing his heart on his sleeve, I could tell why Price called him "the life of the team" since he had also been the one to spearhead this whole holiday celebration. Ghost stood but didn't move just keeping his eyes on me and Soap who eagerly bounced around in place like a dog needing to be let out. I had to admit the Scotsman was kinda cute with the hyper personality and adorable smile.

"We'll I still haven't eaten since I got erm....interrupted."

I glanced at Ghost who didn't say anything just tilting his head to the side but I could imagine the smirk he had on. I just rolled my eyes and lead the other two down the hall back to the kitchen. We walked in to find König, Reyes and Gaz sitting around one of the table with eggs in baskets on their plates. Reyes immediately stood up when I entered the room, he was always by the books and professional in any situation. I just motioned for him to sit as König began to color in one of his drawing. Gaz had apparently given him some colored pencils as a gift since he didn't have them before we arrived.