Dreams, Date Nights and Dinner

Start from the beginning

The young Texan was never one to easily give himself away and in a way, he still wasn't. Did Anna really think that they were going to the food court and a movie? Not a fucking chance...

With that thought, Joel nodded, "Yeah. Working with you, I've seen how you are as a mother and how you are as a coach. You are absolutely incredible both ways and you deserve a guy who treats you right. So, yes... This is me asking you out, Anna."

Anna's heart went from nonstop thumping to filling with nothing but joy and happiness, giving Joel a nod of acceptance, "Well, I accept! I'll go out with you."

Joel smiled widely, pulling Anna closer for a hug, "Good. Wear something that makes you feel good. If I'm gonna face the opportunity to love you, I want my girl to feel good."

Noting by his choice of words that Joel was serious about this made Anna's heart flutter, causing her to laugh softly, "Looks like I'll finally be putting my black dress to some good use."

Meanwhile, Ellie made her own personal hideaway in her bedroom by the window. Although Anna did say that Riley could come over, she still felt as if she had to hide everything. Another series of sad, unfortunate truths...

Taking notice of Riley jogging up to her house, Ellie sneakily opened the window. Something she was no stranger to doing. This wasn't her first time attempting to sneak out, but this would be the one occurrence where it would turn into a rookie mistake.

Riley stood underneath the window, waiting for Ellie to make her grand entrance, "Come on, Ellie. I'm directly under the window!"

With a deep, adrenaline induced breath, Ellie tiptoed her way upward, holding onto the windowsill as a grip.

She stepped onto the windowsill, ducking her head down first before moving one of her legs out.

The quiet sounds of rain filled Ellie's hair, swiftly drenching her hair. Unfortunately, the rain caused her foot to slip, landing hard on her right foot. This created a loud thud, followed by a pain unlike any other, "F-FUCK!"

Riley stomped her way over to Ellie, gripping Ellie's arm and helping her stand up, "I told you this was a bad idea, Ellie! You never listen, do you? I could've easily just came inside the "normal" way."

Ellie sat against the windowsill, groaning softly because her foot was throbbing, "I don't wanna fucking fight with you, Riley! Can't you just help me up instead of tearing me to shreds verbally? That would be fan-fucking-tastic!"

Taking into consideration that her girlfriend couldn't control what occurred, Riley sighed, holding a hand out to Ellie, "Sorry... Do you still want me to stay over?"

Despite her anger only worsening by the second, the 12 year old girl accepted the offered hand, "Yeah. Please don't go..."

Riley hoisted Ellie up, giggling softly and beginning to wipe the mud from Ellie's face. When she fell out of the window, Ellie landed flat in a mud puddle, so now she had to shower tonight too...

She placed a hand upon Ellie's cheek, rubbing it softly while picking off the droplets of mud from her face. However, doing so created more mud, which made the two of them laugh harder, "Of course I'm not gonna go, Ellie..."

Riley occupied her sentence with a kiss, continuing it long enough to stop Ellie from talking. Although, her next phrase was a huge shock to Ellie, "I love you..."

Ellie knew that they were still young, but Riley made her believe in those old adages involving young love. Even if this was the most heartbreaking mistake of her life, she uttered those words back, "I love you too, Riley."