[04] 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐦

✩°。⋆⸜ 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗠•───────────•

✩°。⋆⸜ 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗠
•───────────•

Andre had called you and Jay over to his podcast for a talk, something you didn't want to do but he reassured you it would work.

Once you walked inside you saw that Jay was already there, picking at his nails.

"What's he doing here? what's the point of us being here?" you questioned, Andre gestured for you to sit down.

"I've already spoken to (Y/n), I just need to hear your side, Jay. Tell us what's bothering you." Andre said, all you did was sit down with a tired huff, Jay stared down at his lap.

"So, today's show will be about releasing grudges that's holding you and Jay apart. If I'm correct, Jay is hiding something and it's something that hurt him." Andre explained, you felt eyes on you and saw Jay glance over at you before looking away.

"Jay, you first. go on, tell us what hurt you." Andre said and pointed at Jay, he looked a little nervous but went ahead.

Jay turned to you, "well, I don't feel comfortable naming names.." he trailed off, you groaned in annoyance.

"Whatever happened- was so long ago! why are we still on that? just get over it." you said with a huff, Jay crossed his arms and turned to you.

"Huh, 'get over it' really? how when it hurt me? I can't just get over that!" Jay exclaimed.

"Let's just leave the past in the past, it probably wasn't a big deal." you said, Jay looked over at you with a puzzled look.

"It actually is was a big deal." Jay corrected, "mm, own your truth, baby." Andre said, you and Jay turned to him.

"Alright, so this is what happened. when I was 12, before I went to talk to a certain someone, someone that..that I really, really liked, I told them that 'I loved' them, and- and they left me. they didn't even say 'I love you' back. all I wanted to know is if they felt the same, yes we were 12 years old at that time, I get it. but no, they walked away, like it was nothing. and that hurt, that shit hurt like hell! I just poured my heart out to you and you walk away? I thought I would be safe, but no, I wasn't, that was rejection. and I never was the same before. Jesus Christ, I pushed everyone away because of it, even my bestfriend cam. he was there for me, and the rest were too, but where were you? huh? everyone was there for me but you! when I needed you! you were my safe place, you were my everything! I cried for days, my mom had to check on me but I pushed her away too, cause I was stuck up on you." Jay explained, his eyes tearing up as they were getting red from crying, staring at you.

"Wait, back it up, you were stuck up on (Y/n)?! Oh my god." Andre said with a dramatic gasp.

you turned to Jay to see him sob a little, "Jay, I did not know! I thought it was a joke-" before you could finish Jay slammed the headphones on the table causing you to jolt in surprise.

"a JOKE? really?! that's what you thought it was? I cared about you goddamnit! I thought about you! that wasn't a joke! It was never a joke! that goes to show you think everything is a joke, you just laugh at anything, even heartbreak. everything is funny to you! but let's be mature for once in our life! we were 12 years old! 12! my feelings were real! but you just had to ruin that, huh? like you ruin everything else?" Jay spat, eyes locked on yours.

"I ruin things..? how can you say that when I'm there for you all the time?! Jay I care about you too!" You exclaimed.

"YOU DON'T. YOU REALLY DON'T. cause if you did I would've never, ever, felt the way I did." Jay stated.

You went to cup Jay's cheek and he let you, leaning into your touch, Andre looked like he was about to tear up too cause it looked like a soap-opera.

"I'm sorry..I did not know, Jay. you have to believe me." You whispered, Jay continued to cry as he touched your hand that was touching his cheek.

"You say that..but do you really mean it? did you think about me too?" Jay asked, "oh god, Jay, yes, everyday. everyday I thought about you, of course!" you said, Jay could only wipe away his tears.

He then leaned closer to you and whispered in your ear, "if you're truly sorry, you prove it to me." he said and leaned away.

Jay then stood up, "sorry for the arguing Andre, thanks for having me on this podcast." he then grabbed his backpack and walked out of the room.

"Ooooo, you got you a lil date." Andre joked, "I..I honestly don't know." you said, leaning into the chair.

——

It was now night and you were at home, Jay was at your house and on the couch sitting from across you.

"Before you go, I wanted to give you my jacket. It is a bit cold out there." you said, Jay gave you a thankful nod and took the jacket.

"Jay, I'm sorry I walked away when you said that- I don't even remember half of that." you explained.

"But you did. you did walk away." Jay continued, "you made me lose all self-esteem, you looked at me as though if I was a mistake. something like that, but I cared about you and I was so mad because you didn't care about me like how i cared about you."

You hesitated before you cupped Jay's cheeks and pulled him into a kiss, which he returned.

It was slow and passionate, you deepened it a little and he groaned, then you pulled away.

"I..I gotta go." Jay said and grabbed his backpack, running out of the house, you just watched with a small frown.

you needed him and he needed you.

...