17. A promise

I change into a night suit which is pair of a pajama and a shirt. I have always really liked this pair and its very cute. I walk outside and see that Arjun had already cleaned most of the flower on the bed. He had also blew up most of the candles. I walked in and he looked up at me with a slight embarrassed expression.

"I should change too" he said and walked in the washroom while I just stood there. He came out and looked around awkwardly. I was sitting on the bed with my mobile in my hand. He started walking to the bed and I shifted to the corner.

"Do you want me to sleep on the couch" he asked picking up the pillow and I shook my head almost instantly.

"No you don't have to" I said playing with the corner of the duvet. He sits on the bed and takes my hand in his.

"I promise I won't touch you until we both are ready" he said looking into my eyes.

"You are touching me" I said lifting up my hand that he was holding. He left it immediately and started shifting backwards looking embarrassed. I held his forearm and stopped him.

"I trust you. I was just teasing you. You can hold my hand" I said smiling and chuckling

"Why are you teasing me when I am already so embarrassed and literally tensed" he said taking his hand away from me and I laughed looking at his face

"You are so cute" I said pinching his cheeks. His eyes widen in surprise and he turned towards me with and amused expression. I instantly covered myself in the duvet and turned myself to the other way not facing him. He closed the lights and laid beside me after a minute.

"Don't be embarrassed. I don't mind you touching me" He said in a soft voice as he laid down and I turned to face him slowly. Not too nervous now as the lights were closed.

"I don't mind you touching me too. I just think we both need to spend some time together first" I said and heard a hmm from him and felt his hand holding mine. He slowly kissed my knuckles and I blushed. We both didn't do or speak anything and just fell sleep after a minute holding hands.

...........

I opened my eyes and blinked to get the sleep away from them. My face was covered with the duvet and I pulled the duvet away from my face and looked around. Arjun was still sleeping. He was on his side facing me and was covered till his chin with the duvet. His mouth was slightly open like always and he was looking adorable again like always.

I find my phone and see the time only to sit up straight in an instant. It is almost 7:30 I should wake up. I will take almost an hour to get ready. I get up and go to the washroom. I should be ready at time as it is my first day in my in laws house properly.

I come out of the washroom and look at him. He was still sleeping but now he was sleeping like a star fish on the middle of the bed. I shook my head laughing slowly. He really is a sloth while he is sleeping.

I take out a saree from my luggage. I have not arranged my stuff in the cupboard as we have to leave for Bangalore in four days. I walk inside the closet and get changed. I hear a knock on the door and open it. Arjun was standing outside rubbing his eyes. Cute. He looked at me and smiled.

"You can wear a salwar suit in the house too" he said checking me out

"I know but I am going to my house today so I thought I should dress up" I said and he frowned

"Why" he said leaning against the door and I gulped. He was looking so huggable at the moment but I instead clenched my fists. I was the only one who asked him for time.