3. Meeting him

I am sitting in my room combing my hair and looking at myself in the mirror. I am finally meeting him today and I am very nervous. I just don't know what to talk about with him. I have always been bad at talking to guys. 

He is back to Delhi for a week from Bangalore on a holiday and is meeting me too. He has been living in Bangalore since his college started and is working there too now. I don't know if he even remembers me or not.

I am wearing a salwar suit as requested by my parents. I was going to wear a simple jeans and top when mummy and papa both said that I have to look presentable. As if I don't look presentable in jeans and top. That is why I don't like arrange marriages a lot.

I look at myself one last time and grab my purse and head downstairs and as expected mummy and papa are sitting there looking anxious. I shake my head and move towards them.

"You are looking so beautiful" mummy said as soon as she saw me and I smiled.

"Thank-you, it's your choice only" I said pointing towards my salwar suit which mummy chose after rummaging through my cupboard for an hour

"You are ready?" Papa asked and I nodded my head releasing a breath. He came towards me and patted my head.

"Don't get all nervous. Be like when you are with your clients" he said and I nodded my head though I know it would be very difficult to act like that in front of him.

"Be sure to ask and talk about whatever is in your mind" mummy said and I looked at her and nodded my head. My phone pinged and I saw it was time for me to leave or I will definitely be late.

"Okay, I am going now or I will be late" I said and hugged both of them and they stood there at the door as if they are sending me on a war. I sat in my car and drove away to the restaurant.

I reach the restaurant and park my car before heading in the restaurant. I get inside the restaurant and look around to see if he has arrived or not. I scan the whole restaurant and finally settle in a corner when I don't find him. I open my phone and dial his number which my Papa gave me just today in the morning.

"Hello" a deep voice came after three rings and I felt something in my stomach. I have always been a fan of his voice.

"Hi, Navika. This side" I said introducing myself on the call

"Yeah, I know. I have your number" he said and I nodded my head.

"Ok. I was just calling to inform you I have arrived" I said. I called him because just in case I didn't caught him when I scanned my eyes around the restaurant

"Okay. I am on my way only. I will be there in ten minutes" he said and soon disconnected the call. He could have said bye or something. Rude

I open my phone and start scrolling Instagram to pass my time and looking at the gate in between for him. The waiter did came once too and I told him I was waiting for someone. I looked up back again when the gate of the restaurant opened and this time I saw him entering.

He was wearing a blazer and t-shirt with jeans. My eyes scanned over his body and I realized he do works out by his physique. I saw him looking around the restaurant for me and I waved at him when he looked in my direction. His expressions changed from a frown to a smile as he walked towards me.

"I am sorry for being late" he said sitting in the chair opposite to me. It is not a big thing to be late in Delhi

"Its Delhi. It has horrible traffic sometimes" I said when I saw him looking a little worried.

"Bangalore is actually worse in case of traffic" he said and I looked at him

"It is?" I asked and he nodded his head taking a sip from the glass in front of him

"Yes, I usually prefer walking in Bangalore if the distance is of 1 to 2 km" he said and I nodded my head with a little surprise

"I always thought Delhi was a very busy city" I said and he nodded his head

"There are mostly only working people so the timings clash and everything" he said and I nodded my head. I really have a lot of cousins working in Bangalore and Pune.

"Would you like to order" a waiter came at our table and said. I looked at Arjun and he looked at me. It looked like we both didn't wanted to eat just now

"Water would be good for now" Arjun said to the waiter who nodded his head and left from there not before giving us a look.

"I think we should order something or he will just keep staring at us" I said when I saw that waiter still looking at us even after ten minutes

"Okay" Arjun said and picked up the menu and I did the same. I looked through it and decided to order pasta. I looked at him and saw him waiting for me to order. When he saw I was ready he called the waiter and we placed our orders.

"I don't think our parents remember how much we used to irritate each other in childhood" he said and I looked at him in confusion. I don't really have any memory of him from my childhood

"You don't remember" he asked looking surprised and I shook my head in a slow way

"When you were around 5 or something. We used to come to your house and you used to irritate me in playing dolls with you" he said excitedly and I blinked and tried to recall any faint memory of this

"I only remember running behind someone to play teacher teacher with me" I said as the only memory I could think of was this one

"That was me. You ran behind me and I had to always play with you in the end because you would start crying" he said and I hid my face in my palms as I recalled some scenes from the time.

"Oh god!" I said and he laughed.

"It actually was I guess when I was around 7 or more" I said as I remembered the things I forced my childhood friend to do with me.

"Yes, it happened for years. I came to your house and played with you. You cried and I got scolded." He said showing his fingers as if counting the times the incident happened and shook my head embarrassed.

............

Their outfits for today

Hope you all like this chapter too

Please vote, comment and share

Thank-you 🥰🥰