Chapter 18

Darkness swirled all around him - that's all he knew. It filled his senses, encompassed his being, he could practically taste it in his mouth. He wasn't sure how he got there or where exactly he was, so he stood in the middle of who knows where trying to see past the darkness, or listen for any type of noise.

"Hello?" he called out.

That's when the voices started up; they blended together, making it hard to decipher what any of them were saying. They buzzed all around him and he turned in place calling out for anyone to hear him. Certain voices became louder than others before they fell away into the mess of noise.

"Has he woken up at all? - "

"He's going to need to rest for a few days - "

"Get better soon, mate - "

"Y/n's a mess - "

He turned toward the sound of that voice, trying to focus on what was being said but it fell away like the others.

"If you had been upfront with him, he wouldn't have harmed him."

Another voice responded but it was muffled.

"Are you sure you still want to do this?"

A pause again, as someone else responded then it was lost again in the sea of voices. Simultaneously, the voices got louder, so loud that he had to cover his ears from the assault on his senses. Then, it stopped. His hands fell away from his ears slowly as he glanced around, yet the only thing he could see was still darkness.

"Draco," a voice crooned.

He recognised that voice. It was his mother.

"Draco."

That was Blaise.

"Draco."

His father.

"Draco."

Pansy.

"Draco."

Theo.

He turned in place, trying to pinpoint where the voices were coming from.

"Draco," someone taunted.

He froze. He knew that voice all too well; it was the starring voice of all his nightmares.

"Draco."

"Y/n," he whispered, searching for her in the darkness.