FOUR: Get into character

Comenzar desde el principio

The film begins in New York, with Kavya running away from her wedding with the son of her parents' friends Vineet. She takes a last minute flight to her grandmother's home in Delhi and ends up sitting next to Rishi, a lawyer by profession, who has turned bitter after his divorce when his wife cheated on him with his best friend.

The flight takes an unexpected layover due to a storm where Rishi and Kavya are stuck together for a day and things get a little steamy. However, they're both too emotionally unaware to recognise or accept their feelings and so they part their ways upon reaching Delhi. Here comes the drama in the film because Vineet comes back into the picture and everything turns into an emotional mess. We're still working on the details of the climax, and you'll get to know it while we're shooting.

Rishi and Kavya, I need you to get into character. We'll be conducting a screen test tomorrow. After that, we'll have a month to get the costumes, schedules and everything ready and the shooting will start after 5 weeks.

And Cut!"

When your director is so passionate about the project, you know he's going to make sure everything turns out to be the best. And since Devakar sir's movies are famous for leaving the audience open-mouthed, I'm more than happy with my decision to take this challenge up.

But then I look towards Abhimanyu who's now wearing specs and reading the script, I wonder whether I'm ready for this challenge.

I shake that thought away and turn the page to see the list of the names of the cast and crew mentioned there. On top, is the name of the production house, our director, screenplay writer and everybody else.

I quickly skip to the part where the cast details are mentioned.

Akshara Goenka as Kavya Juneja

Abhimanyu Birla as Rishi Ahlawat

Dhruv Mandhana as Vineet (Kavya's fiance)

Avika Batra as Sana (Rishi's ex wife)

Tushti Singh as Vani (Rishi and Sana's daughter)

I read through all the names further listed and what makes me a little happy is that the actor playing the role of my mother in the film is someone I know from a previous ad shoot.

"Kavya, Rishi" Abhimanyu and I turn our heads to face Devakar ji. "From tomorrow, we'll be having the actors' workshops to prep you for your roles. Reporting time is 10 am guys, no delay. And when you people walk in here tomorrow, I want you to be in character, be here as Kavya and Rishi and not as Akshara and Abhimanyu, even though I already love you both" he grins and we smile back at him.

"Gal, I'm leaving for a meeting. The driver will be taking you home" Taabish says as he gets up.

"Hey Taabish, could I just intervene for a moment?" Abhimanyu's soft voice reaches my ears and I take a deep breath.

"Hey Akshara, do you mind going out for dinner tonight? I think it's best if we get comfortable with each other before the workshops begin"

I know I'm treading along a dangerous line here but I recall how Veer and I spent a huge amount of time before we shot our first scene because we were both too awkward initially.

I need to give my best for this movie, starting today! "Sure" I tell him and Taabish clears his throat.

"Gal, if that's the case, make sure you give the paps something to talk about" he grins and leaves.

"Oh the paps are gonna have a field day" Abhimanyu says with a wicked smile on his face.

"With what?" Amishi walks up to us, looking like she had a really good conversation with whoever was on the phone.

"Akshara and I are going out for dinner, you know to kick start our new friendship"

"Nice" she says with a smile but her eyes scream the exact opposite.

"Akshara, shall we leave?" Abhimanyu stands up and looks at me expectantly.

"Yeah, let's go" I say as we walk away, leaving Amishi behind.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks.

"Your choice"

"Well, don't give me the choice to decide. I'll take you to a roadside Dhaba on the highway" he laughs.

His words leave me utterly shocked "I would love that" I whisper back in awe.

"Seriously?" Now he sounds surprised!

"Yeah" I say and he nods and I walk with him to his car, unaware of the adventures that are awaiting us this night!

.

.

Author's Note:

Hey guyyysss! 

What's up?

How was the update? 

Vote and comment, please!