🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

Gervais exclaimed loudly, "Oh my friend...how good to see you so unexpectedly!" Mr. Jung chuckled and hugged Gervais as he stretched out his arms in an exaggerated manner. Hoseoks' eyes twinkled with delight at seeing his old friend.

You blinked nervously as you watched Gervais and Hosoek embrace like long-lost friends. Your heart skips a beat as you gaze at Jessica, who stood with a comprehensive, soft smile on her face, looking at her boyfriend and Gervais with open adoration.

 Your heart skips a beat as you gaze at Jessica, who stood with a comprehensive, soft smile on her face, looking at her boyfriend and Gervais with open adoration

You simply didn't know where to look and reverted your attention to your honey and caramel-flavored dessert. Jessica is watching you from where you are sitting, nibbling on your dessert. Her eyes shone with recognition. You worked so hard to keep your trembling hands still, and when that didn't work, you quickly placed your hands on your lap.

Gervais looked at you with gleaming eyes as he embraced Jessica in a tight hug, unbeknownst to them, you and Hoseok locked eyes with each other and untapped emotions swirled inside both of you as you stared at each other. You could see a glint in his eyes as he formed a mock smirk on his lips.

Your stomach erupted in a million butterflies at the sight of this hot man who had given you all the illicit dreams about him. He was impeccably dressed in black slacks, a black designer jacket, and a white silk shirt. Even his watch was more expensive than the rented Ferrari. He was flawless. You just kept your gaze fixed on Gervais, who let the overly nice Jessica out of his embrace. You quickly turn your gaze to Gervais because you are too afraid to look at the two newcomers. Why did Fate bring you together on this day?

"Meet my best friend Noemie...the most gorgeous, with Pochohontas locks..." You looked horrified at your best friend as he chuckled good-naturedly.

Hoseok raised his eyebrows at you, and the look he gave you made you recall that steamy afternoon when his feverish hands were entangled in your long hair, calling you that exact name, at the height of your passion. As you look at Gervias, who has just pulled you to his side, a slight flush appears on your face.

Hoseok smirked, his eyes meeting yours for a split second, "Yes, I remember... interesting."

He then looks down at his girlfriend and motions to Gervais, "Jessica, this is Gervais, my Parisian friend whom I met when I was about fourteen years old. My grandfather and father took me to a business meeting...and we met at their place of business? "She bowed and accepted the acknowledgment.

Jessica appears surprised "Woah...I believe you told me about the famous racer. We recently watched a championship game. You won the race."

Gervais grins "Oh, yes, that's me...the speed freak. I ran into Hoseok again two years ago, and we spent the entire summer in Marseilles. He also attended Jungkook and Jenna's wedding in Marseilles. We corresponded frequently, and whenever our parents had a business together, we made it a point to accompany them so that we could hang out. So, why don't you two join Noèmie and me at our table? We've only just begun with our first dessert. I'd like to catch up..." you inhaled deeply as you furrowed your brows and gave Gervais a look, which he quickly ignored, but Hoseok noticed it in your eyes. You don't want him anywhere near you.